Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Discuss]Console Coding Or Windows Form? [Discuss]
Hey SF,

I wanted to have an open discussion about both coding in console applications as well as coding in windows form app.

First Discussion will be over which is better to start from? Which do you think would be easier to learn off of or give a better base.

/Discuss
Depends on the programmers knowledge in the language before actually starting their first program, console coding is fairly simplle and is easy to learn from but form applications are the ones that need to be learnt as it is the most commonly used type
(07-18-2012, 04:33 PM)G3Hawkeye Wrote: Depends on the programmers knowledge in the language before actually starting their first program, console coding is fairly simplle and is easy to learn from but form applications are the ones that need to be learnt as it is the most commonly used type

Most common does not mean it's a requirement for having to learn it. That would go with anything.

I would say though that a Console App will give you a better base for programming knowledge, you can focus strictly on the code without much of a GUI. And it's more closely related to other languages as well, having a Main function where the program starts and ends when it's done everything it's needed to do in that scope.
They are both the same really.
as when your using windows form app it generate the code for the controls. its just what you prefer.
(07-19-2012, 09:35 AM)Sutton2k9 Wrote: They are both the same really.
as when your using windows form app it generate the code for the controls. its just what you prefer.

no.... just no....

(07-18-2012, 07:00 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: Most common does not mean it's a requirement for having to learn it. That would go with anything.

I would say though that a Console App will give you a better base for programming knowledge, you can focus strictly on the code without much of a GUI. And it's more closely related to other languages as well, having a Main function where the program starts and ends when it's done everything it's needed to do in that scope.

i agree on that good point sir Oui
Console App for a better programming language base and WinForms if you want to make something really good looking.

I personally like windows forms better, as I have been programming it:

http://www.zera.co.nr/
I'm a vb.net coder, and my projects are basically made only by Win Forms, i actually prefer them instead of console.
I make a lot of applications with Win Forms, so it depends what you need to do.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problem in form Chuggaism 3 1,786 11-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  [VB.NET] Animated Form Extend [SRC] Fragma 6 5,252 10-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Saket
  [VB.NET]Console app Menu example (amortization calculator)[Source] KoBE 8 7,589 12-28-2012, 06:55 AM
Last Post: mouse719
  Greation a promission for users in main form or setting deveco 2 872 11-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Last Post: TAHMINA123
  Help with coding jerrojack 1 747 12-29-2011, 03:27 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity