Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 7,Startup Failure
Ok so let's just get into this, yesterday I was watching a show on my laptop and it just randomly logged me off then shutdown... When I tried to turn it back on has the loading screen but then turns into a black screen with a blinking white underscore in the top left corner (like the cmd window but it's just blank with the blinking underscore) I already ran basic diagnostics from the boot up window (F12) and that said it found no problems. I don't know what to do can someone please help? I would post a picture but I'm using my iPhone because... Well my laptop doesn't work obviously... Thank you for any and help
Do you have a windows installation disc? If so, you can insert the disc and use the startup repair tool. It fixes the boot information if it gets damaged, deleted, or corrupt.
More information on the startup repair tool: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...tup-repair
That worked perfectly thank you so much!!
(07-11-2012, 09:51 PM)ErocGo0niE Wrote: That worked perfectly thank you so much!!

Yay, problem solved! You're welcome.
(07-03-2012, 08:03 AM)ErocGo0niE Wrote: Ok so let's just get into this, yesterday I was watching a show on my laptop and it just randomly logged me off then shutdown... When I tried to turn it back on has the loading screen but then turns into a black screen with a blinking white underscore in the top left corner (like the cmd window but it's just blank with the blinking underscore) I already ran basic diagnostics from the boot up window (F12) and that said it found no problems. I don't know what to do can someone please help? I would post a picture but I'm using my iPhone because... Well my laptop doesn't work obviously... Thank you for any and help

What kind of laptop model do you have?
That worked perfectly thank you so much!!