Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bandwidth Hogs
I have a 1.5 Mb/s DLS connection at home, and only usually share it with 1 other computer.
I use my computer mostly for playing games (TF2, Eve Online, etc) while the other is streaming youtube videos...
While the other computer is streaming videos, it slows my speed to complete uselessness, and my junk Westell router doesnt seem to have the options to throttle anything. It does have QOS options, but I have no idea if any of those will help.

Any suggestions on what I can do to improve my situation? I'm struggling to write this post worse than I'd be if I were on a dial-up connection Pinch
[Image: austneal.png]
You can either upgrade your internet or get a new isp, basically no other way to increase your internet speeds as myself i have to suffer from the same issue as you, but i plan on upgrading my internet services later on this week i also have a westell versalink 327w and with verizon. i will be switching to charter as those are 2 are only available in my area.
Hi, You can upgrade your Internet connection or can check it with other Internet connection if it works.
There are many people who face the same situation of slow speed. It support services are there to handle computer services like It services, It support services. Internet also increases virus in PC if an antivirus in not installed. Some tips to make your system virus free. http://www.robinonaf.350.com/Network_Fish.htm
I also have the 1.5mps DSL @ my house. You literally can really only have one computer doing something intensive like gaming / Youtube otherwise you wont get anything done. There really is no way around this, because you are maxing out your connection basically.
"Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back".
[Image: siggy.png]
MSN: Xzotic@live.com
If you are facing such a problem its better you should go for the high speed internet. You can subscribe it at very affordable cost. There are companies which you unlimited internet at very good speed. Try that one.
Why don't you change your internet plan to a high speed internet. This might be happening because of slow speed.