Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't boot MSI Wind U100 Netbook
Netbook MSI Wind U100
No optical CD/DVD disk drive
Purchased March 12, 2009

Problem Description:
Boot brings up the white on black screen with the options of Safe Start, etc.
Whichever option selected (or, if no option selected, then after 30 seconds) - restarts and brings back that same screen.

Solution Attempts:
1. Tried to change BIOS parameters (by hitting Del during startup), enabling/disabling one by one each parameter. In vain: same behavior.

2. Tried power-off (pressing the power switch). then disconnect the power cable, then detach the battery, then reverse the procedure and power-on. Same results.

3. On purchase the computer came with two original disks:
- NOTEBOOK (Driver, Utilities, Manual)
- Recovery DVD
Since I don't have an external optical CD/DVD disk drive, I copied each of the disks to a DiskOnKey and to a SD card, and tried to reboot from each of them, by changing the startup order during reboot (F11):
- No option to boot from SD card
- Starting from DiskOnKey brings up error message that says it isn't a system disk.

4. Power on with the power switch. As soon as MSI logo appears, press F3 for several seconds. Recovery to Factory Settings starts, with all sort of warnings. Approved all. Machine pretended to work hard for several minutes, and then - - - guess what: it reverted back to the same white on black screen (see Problem Description above).

So, we are back to square one. What next?

PS:
I don't mind losing all my data: It's backed up on the cloud.
I just want to revive the computer, with its pre-installed OS of course
(hate to throw more money and buy Win-XP again).

PLS Help!
Get help and quick support from DELL & HP tech support tech support team by dialing tech support Customer Service 0-808-164-2585.
DELL & HP tech support assistants are usually available at your assistance 24x7. You can contact them via web chat, by calling on their toll free DELL & HP tech support number 0-808-164-2585 or by sending an email describing your issue briefly. Out of the three ways, contacting on their HP support number is considered as the fastest option.
“Whether it is a minor technical problem or something severe with your laptops, we combine the experience of certified support team are professionals with timely service commitment to bring you the best service at the least price. Not just this, it has the best workforce to handle every type of antivirus, printer, PC and network issues almost immediately. Users can contact this company on 0-808-164-2585 for tech assistance. Call today!
I want to ask something please can you help me

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does my netbook lag after 5 minutes of gameplay? d1ey0u 5 1,786 05-23-2019, 02:55 AM
Last Post: JabirSheikh
  The Great Laptop vs Netbook Debate Omniscient 124 43,979 07-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Business.Gov
  Speeding up Netbook Echelonex 11 3,511 07-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Viruz
  Netbook HDD physically damaged.[HDD Beeping] aggouras 12 4,240 05-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Lulz
  Netbook wireless driver Alex Last 1 1,687 04-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Elitestate