Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
recovering data from Old dell with failed mmotherboard
When Dell Support told me tat I needed a new motherboard for my inspiron 530s i decided that I would take the opportunity to get a new PC and maybe repair the old one at a later time.
Last time I upgraded my Dell PC (this is our fourthe Dell now) I just connected the old HDD as a slave drive to the new PC and took what I needed. THis time I thought I would purchase a USB enclosure and transfer data that way (as the motherboard to the old machine was not responding).
When my new PC arrived I took the HDD out of the old Inspiron only to find that it was one of two 250GB drives. I suspect, therefore that the disks may have been configured as single storage array is that likely ? I fear, therefore that unless I use the HDDs in the old PC I will be unable to transfer data across from the old PC. Does anyone know of a way to do this if the drives were previously RAIDed ?
The one drive had 2 250GB partitions. When you plug it in to a different computer the 2 250GB drives will show up.
Oh, I was questioning the other day & didn't know how it worked, trust me, everything will be ok Smile Usually, partitions with stuff, it's easy to get goin Smile
A developer, thinker & bliss guy that tries his hardest to enjoy life ~~~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data recovery from External HDD Annuit Coeptis 7 2,219 06-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Detroit
  Recovering My Dell? ImFocuzz 1 1,024 06-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Dell-Siddhartha_S
  Just ordered a new Dell laptop Camden 13 3,610 01-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Detroit
  Dell PC Case RPicard 14 5,515 07-21-2011, 03:17 AM
Last Post: Drakon
  Dell Studio XPS 13" ( Desktop Corrupt) Shock 11 6,180 07-21-2011, 03:11 AM