Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shooting at Ft. Hood
I said that because of the fact that he had done time not because of his beliefs.
When you apply for a security clearance they do do a background check, and a rather thorough one at that. They also do periodic reviews on your criminal and financial background. Most things can be waived because the average person that committed a misdemeanor probably made a mistake of some sort and wouldn't do it again. I have a security clearance, I committed a misdemeanor when I was 14. They ignored that and granted me the clearance. Fact is, most people have a criminal background of some sort. If they rejected everyone because of it, it wouldn't do any good for the army lol.

And my apologies for assuming you were talking about his race Big Grin
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
Ok.
Thank you for letting me know and clearing that up for me.
I don't know much about the military works so I had no idea of how things work and the process they put people through too get in.
Oh yeah, there is a ginormous process to get a security clearance. It's not just some run of the mill job, there are national security things you get access to, things that endanger the lives of the entire US if they are leaked.

This jumping to conclusions thing that people do, it makes me mad. Especially from people that don't know what they are talking about. The military is not the same as your normal life. It never will be, it can't be, it just isn't.
And to update, the suspect is now talking.
I understand that and please except my apology I meant no hard by what i said.
He said He was called a Camel Jockey by another soldier
so maybe harassment motivated the killings and if it did no one would man up to it because USA is supposed to be strong and not bullies. but other then my opinion I thought it was rather sad and gore but it was also right for the USA to not just judge Israel or Pakistan or w/e country and letting people from their country to join the military.
[Image: 2ztlq1d.png]
You never know who is going to snap.

One thing I really am curious about is how the fellow soldiers and victims in Ft. Hood feel about him being a Muslim. I wonder how the people that knew him felt. I know a few are mentioned in the article but overall I don't see them making bad comments about his character.

It's either this person was pushed into this sort of like how Columbine happened or they already had this (Islamic Fundamentalism) in him just waiting to explode. Judging by details given I would go with the Columbine theory where little things built up until he snapped. He doesn't appear recruited directly by any Islamic Fundamentalist cells.

This type of thing is going to spread a lot of discourse around military bases where muslims do serve. Whoever doesn't believe that we are at war with Islam isn't paying attention. Islam will continue to be a force attacking America. Until Americans decide to purge this threat it will go on forever.

The beliefs and rhetoric of Islam are very dangerous. When a guy says "God is Great" and starts shooting people there is a problem. And even if it's not confirmed he said this it's still often used by Islamic terrorists.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Omni, I remember very clearly while I was in Iraq a man running up to my HMMWV and shouting god is great right before he blew himself up on it. I was outside of the truck at the front, he was on the drivers side. He shouted it a bit too early, I heard it and jumped behind the truck on the passenger side about 2 seconds early enough to not get him all over me.

Personally, I don't have anything against the muslims serving in the military. There were 2 in my last unit. But, I'm done with this military thing. 13 more months at the most, hopefully sooner if I can get my medical retirement pushed through quick.

I actually stopped following this because I was getting so pissed off.

There is so much that hasn't been released about this case it's not even funny. (That's the way the army is). I mean heck, there is a second Department of the Army Civilian Cop that shot the guy now. (the AP likes to call them Killeen PD, but, local law enforcement aren't even allowed to bring their weapons on post) and the one I posted the pic on my forum was someone I worked with quite a lot when I was stationed at Ft. Hood.