Poll: Is DAMINK amazing?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
66.67%
4 66.67%
Yes
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAMINK Is amazing
Yea bring back that award on Hackforums dude.
(06-11-2012, 12:17 PM)Uzi Wrote: Removing the Feather award was beneficial though, as members were only coming onto the forum to make 100 posts and never return.

Beneficial in what regard? That we now have less posts? That we now have less traffic? So what you had to sometimes read and report LQP. If anything that's ACTIVITY and gave members something to do. That's what people don't get about the award. Even if you complained about it then at least you were posting and reporting. A 40% drop in traffic is the direct result of Google lowering our rankings because of the drop in posts. Again something people don't get.

Google LOVES content. They see the activity and if it's a growing site they reward you with good rankings. They will penalize you if the content level drops. We no longer rank well for a lot of terms we did before.

The drop off has been severe. It's not 10%...not even 20%...it's more like a 40% drop in traffic and suck we now get 50-80 posts per day when we had like 150-250 before. We're really bad right now.

And yes I realize that if anyone is to blame it's me.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Dude raise it to 300 post on Hackforums and I'll do it man
(06-11-2012, 12:24 PM)Omniscient Wrote: Beneficial in what regard? That we now have less posts? That we now have less traffic? So what you had to sometimes read and report LQP. If anything that's ACTIVITY and gave members something to do. That's what people don't get about the award. Even if you complained about it then at least you were posting and reporting. A 40% drop in traffic is the direct result of Google lowering our rankings because of the drop in posts. Again something people don't get.

Google LOVES content. They see the activity and if it's a growing site they reward you with good rankings. They will penalize you if the content level drops. We no longer rank well for a lot of terms we did before.

The drop off has been severe. It's not 10%...not even 20%...it's more like a 40% drop in traffic and suck we now get 50-80 posts per day when we had like 150-250 before. We're really bad right now.

And yes I realize that if anyone is to blame it's me.

When I say 'beneficial', I'm referring to the fact that at the time the award was implemented there were many low quality posts being created, and guests visiting SupportForums for the first time would see these replies and be turned away from registering.

I understand that there were also advantages to having the award in place, and I understand that having the award brought up the activity, made users post and gave members something to report.

Maybe it could be brought back, but to obtain the award you'd have to do something different? Such as acquire 250-500 posts instead?
[Image: 7AqFN0N.gif]
That is pretty true but like he said it lowers the activity and google loves content.
(06-11-2012, 12:27 PM)Dollar™ Wrote: Dude raise it to 300 post on Hackforums and I'll do it man

It was 100, and there was already spam. 300 won't benefit SF with nothing other than spam.
A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
[Image: aTiq3.png]
yes damink is amazing he helps out alot
Quote:When I say 'beneficial', I'm referring to the fact that at the time the award was implemented there were many low quality posts being created, and guests visiting SupportForums for the first time would see these replies and be turned away from registering.

Bounce rate has not improved. And now visitors just don't see activity at all.

And I will not bring the award back. We will push forward without it. I don't feel we should rely on it any longer and adding it back will be a step in the wrong direction. I'm reviewing other options for posting and activity incentives.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
That's alright then. Hope all goes well.
[Image: 7AqFN0N.gif]
Same goes for me too. Good luck, I need stuff to post on.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Welcome Damink to Staff Omniscient 34 5,419 06-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Hazard