Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I require help on writing an EPIC poem
I need to write an epic poem about a heroic person who's well-known and has passed away. My choice was Ghandi and I'm just wondering how I get started.

The restrictions is that it needs to be narrative, be 2 to 3 pages long, and i need to use poetic devices in the poem.
I'm not allowed to write a "story" poem like in Iliad since it would take too long, so a line would be a couple words.

I've already read a "page" of Iliad.
Start by asking a question.
Ask about how Ghandi was a hero, or "Did you think Ghandi was a hero?"
Or something the reader would either think, "whos Ghandi that this person is asking for? I must keep reading.", or they say "Yes! I think he was a hero, I wonder what you have to say.", or "No.. I don't think that, why do you?", Make points to why you think he is, and why (if the reader thinks no) they don't!
Just some tips.
Are you interested in writing poetry, but have never found the right outlet for your creativity? Do you want to join the ranks of Homer and Hesiod? Perhaps you want to write an epic poem. Epic poetry always follows the adventures of a hero. Take, for instance, Homer's Odysseus, Virgil's Aeneas, Gilgamesh, or Beowulf.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Writing Prompt: On An Island Eternal. 2 1,071 10-15-2016, 03:18 AM
Last Post: thomasf2220
  Writing stories in english Bat Wang 4 1,559 07-27-2015, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Antojose01
  writing a book mamba11111 5 1,321 07-27-2015, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Antojose01
  Creative writing class? Herbal 5 1,684 11-05-2013, 03:28 AM
Last Post: ElizabethLopez
  Descriptive Writing CoughSyrup 3 1,136 03-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Dubai