Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are some good graphic design books and software?
I want to learn how to make banners, avatar, logos etc. I have very little experience in graphic design so if you could recommend software and books for beginners that would be great. Websites and blogs that teaches graphic design would be great too.

http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=26037
Software: Photoshop, Fireworks, Gimp.
Tutorials: DeviantArt, Pixel2life, tut plus.

Hope this helps
Tuts+ is probably one of the best resources for photoshop and AE.

For others, Acrez HD on YouTube and GreyScreygorilla does help for cinema 4d.

Programs;

Photoshop
After effects
Cinema 4d
Illustrator

Are pretty much all you need to kickstart your graphics career!
I would agree Tuts+ is very helpful.

Most programs have the same so Photoshop or Gimp might be some of the best
Graduation day is a very crucial day for every graphic design student. It is the point in life where you make the all-important decision regarding you graphic designing careers. Believe if you’re still about to graduate school, now is the ideal position to start thinking about your future and career prospects.Having spent nearly a decade in the field of graphic design,
The first thing that learnt from my experience as a graphic designer is that whatever you learn in textbooks don’t always apply in real life. This is because talent is more essential than degree in graphic designing. When stepping out from the school life to the practical life, you must learn to differentiate between theory and practice.Take it as an advice or simply motivational words, but never lose faith in what your abilities as a graphic designer.
Thanks for sharing this mate Big Grin
Thanks for this information..

Buy Pinterest Followers
Go for Photoshop and then look for tutorials on how to make things. That way you'll be learning the basics and their uses. Best way to learn for me!
If you want to learn creating banners, logos, avtars in graphic design then the softwares like Corel Draw, Photoshop, Pagemaker are very good software in which you can create various banners, logos etc. If you want to start from beginning then there are some books available related to the software only. You can buy that and learn the software. There are some sites and blogs called The Dieline, Outlaw Design Blog etc where tutorials are also available.
pen tray
If these three foundation principles are followed then hiring a web design company will be much less of a headache than without. All that will be left to do is to take the time to find the right candidates for you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graphic Design Dictionary Fragma 62 23,245 07-08-2020, 01:45 AM
Last Post: viraj
  Any good service for web design and support? Kdstack 1 869 06-17-2018, 10:47 PM
Last Post: JoseSheehan
  What is the best graphic design software to use in learning graphic design? sponnerjhon 25 5,080 03-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Toph
  role of graphic design dotline 3 834 03-09-2013, 01:12 PM
  Graphic Design AND WEBSIT DESINGS remas 2 773 03-09-2013, 01:11 PM