Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My computer has an error PXE-E61: Media Test failure, check cable
Will I received a laptop from my Father that is a Windows Vista.

It's a Fujitsu Windows Vista Home Premium.

The laptop had quite a lot of programs on it so I wanted to do a complete PC restore on it which I couldn't since I needed a restore disc.

So I go ahead and do this Hard Drive thing which deletes everything pretty much. It swipes it clean, I thought it was going to bring it back the the old factory settings but I did the stupidest thing ever and now my Dad is going to be pissed off at me for what I did.

After it was done I had to restart my computer and when I turn it on I get this exact error with a black screen in the background

Marvell ® Base Code v1.10.1.3 (20060516)
©Copyright 2005-2006 Marbell ®. All rights reserved.
Pre-boot eXecut Enivronment (PXE) v2.1
©Copyright 1997-200 INtel Corporation.

Yukon PXE v5.17.2.3 (20061031)
©Copyright 2003-2006 Marbell ®. All rights reserved.
Pre-boot eXecution Environment (PXE) v2.1
©Copyright 1997-200 INtel Corporation.
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM.
Operating System not found

That's what it shows up. Everything on my screen. I'm really sad now.
What do I do? Open up the computer and replace the HD? I can't do that?
Or do I have to bring it to a computer shop so they can fix it and how much would it be?
Also is there any way I can fix this with a USB or by doing something else when it starts? I have a USB that's pretty much it, I can't create a disc or what. If I have to buy one can you give me links and download links if there is a USB solution. Thank you so much.
PXE(pronounce Pixie) is used to boot on to the network.
Check your Boot order it should be your HDD is in first boot.
or for any reason, the hard drive is not seen the computer that's why will attempt to boot on the network controller. That is caused by the hard drive is missing, unplugged or failed.
No mate! Install/Torrent a brand new Operating System. Get Windows 7 rather than Vista, if you are going to torrent an OS, get a bootable one, put it on a fresh disc and put it on the computer on startup.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random USB device failure. O'Harrell 8 1,530 06-26-2012, 07:40 AM
Last Post: ImStalkinYaMom
  Can someone check out these parts for my first costum computer? nevets04 1 664 05-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Nemmyy
  Format Factory - Multifunctional Media Converter MyFolder 1 751 04-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Last Post: T0x1c
  Harddrive Failure Combo 3 1,026 12-07-2009, 04:58 AM
Last Post: Extasey
  1 long beep, 3 shorts beeps on startup. Graphics failure? p0w3r0fchr1st 9 1,904 10-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Raptor Jesus