Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knuckles: TLF Breaker [Game in Progress]
I wanted to go for a bigger game, so this will probably be my only project for the next month or two depending on how much I can get done by that point. I wanted to make a really nice game, give it out to TLF for free, and maybe sell it elsewhere, unless I feel like being nice at the time Smile

Here is a main preview, i'm using Knuckles as my main character.

[Image: 2A02G.png]

I hope you guys will enjoy this game when i'm done Smile I'm sure i'll learn a lot along the way and probably encounter some issues, but that's normal, and i'd be glad to have trouble along the way otherwise i'm not learning anything new.

Just an update on what I plan for my next big project soon to come.
Here we go, I've gotten the basic movement so far, now I need to make him run, punch and jump still... Most tedious process about making a game I swear... Takes forever.

[Image: yJn3v.gif]
The walking was a bit too fast, slowed that down a bit, and got him with both running and walking frame animation with this sprite.

I now have running down and in sync with the speed that my sprite moves for the update function, legs move just as fast as it slides so it doesn't look to slow or too fast, if you don't have them in sync it just looks like the guy is ice skating and not walking.

Here's a preview:
[Image: Kp0pd.gif]

Having a tough time with the jumping though, my sprite page is getting pretty hard to work with considering each "animation" being played at the correct time, and at the right speed to get back into normal walking or running animation needs to work hand in hand regardless of my frame count.
Here we go, a nice demo now of walking, running and jumping frames all in one sprite class.

Finally got Jumping in place:
[Image: NxkjX.gif]
Reminds me of a Pokemon game I tried making about a year back in VB.NET using GDI+, not sure if that's how your making this? Looks good mate, nice to see you working on something creative like this. Keep it up!
Colors are blech to me. I think you should go maybe a black with a gray outlined. That'd be sick.
I'm a bit dumb, but what is TLF?
(04-18-2012, 12:22 PM)Grin Wrote: Colors are blech to me. I think you should go maybe a black with a gray outlined. That'd be sick.

Ace's forum, TechLifeForums.
(04-18-2012, 11:23 AM)Fragma Wrote: Reminds me of a Pokemon game I tried making about a year back in VB.NET using GDI+, not sure if that's how your making this? Looks good mate, nice to see you working on something creative like this. Keep it up!

Nope, this is XNA and sprites Smile and also C# not VB.

(04-18-2012, 12:22 PM)Grin Wrote: Colors are blech to me. I think you should go maybe a black with a gray outlined. That'd be sick.

I haven't even worked on the background yet lol. This is only a preview of my character and how it can move around Smile

TLF - http://tech.reboot.pro

I was actually contemplating trying to recreate my own version of Shadow as a character, that would have been sweet!
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoNEHIIy4RA[/yt]

But I went with Knuckles instead, maybe i'll have Shadow as another character here. Open up Photoshop and get to it.
For AceInfinity ONLY (Click to View)
(04-19-2012, 12:20 AM)BreShiE Wrote:
For AceInfinity ONLY (Click to View)

That would be awesome wouldn't it? Shadow is one of my favorite cartoon game characters, I thought the PS2 game was pretty good.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [C#] TLF Rollaway - Game Development AceInfinity 10 2,145 04-17-2012, 03:10 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  [VB.Net] Progress bar in the icon in the taskbar [Win7] The-One 10 5,259 06-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Last Post: The-One
  [Source]Progress BAR Personnalized-[Make Your Tools Prettier]! ThePrinCe 2 825 02-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ThePrinCe
  [TuT] How To Make A Progress bar in VB6 [TuT] JesusOfSuburbia 5 3,384 05-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Last Post: //Pretextâ„¢