Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Suggestion - Martial Arts Forum.
As the title suggests, which I hope won't just be dismissed out of hand, without consideration, because maybe it's not such a crazy suggestion.

It covers quite a massive range of topics, from the various styles of arts themselves, and includes, Meditation, Philosophy, Religious Beliefs, Keep-Fit,
Dieting etc, as well as the particular forms of martial arts themselves, which are numerous, and can also be expressed in the form of Dance.

If anybody is interested, there is a page here, that gives a general description of the various styles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_arts

There is also, one list here, which lists various forms, relating to country
and style:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_martial_arts

For example, if somebody was being bullied and posted a thread in the Emotional Support forum,
they could possibly be pointed to a possible thread, regarding what may be available to them, to try to help themselves in that respect.

Considering how popular this subject is, on a truly international level, it could possibly generate mass traffic to this site within time.

It doesn't all have to be aggressive either, for example, as with Tai Chi,
which is very popular worldwide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tai_chi_chuan

I saw the Shaolin Warrior Monks of China one time, after first seeing them on TV, and they were just fantastic!

They had 2 monks there, already masters at the age of about 7, at either side of the stage, who stood absolutely motionless,
each on one foot, with the other foot stretching up and pointing over the tops of their heads, towards the audience,
and they stood like this, for about half an hour, while the rest of the monks did a fantastic demonstration!

There are a couple of links to the Shaolin Warrior Monks here, but
there are about 150 videos in total, and being on a slow proxy at present, I couldn't locate a video, of the same type of show that I saw,
featuring some of the type of things that I saw them do, which included, some of them being lifted up on the poiints of metal spears,
stuck into either side of their bodies etc, or being struck with swords,
as well as breaking metal bars over their heads etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaLpiZJj6...L&index=55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qHL2PSpe...re=related

Seeing as how extensive this subject can be though, maybe it would need a whole website to be dedicated to it, for it to be truly effective.

It's just an idea after all, but one that I believe, in the right situation, could possibly generate a great amount of web traffic.

Thanks for the consideration.
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think it's a good idea. This seems too narrow of a subject to have a successful subforum for it.
Thanks for the suggestion. I personally wouldn't like the idea of having this because it wouldn't interest me and would take up room in the forums. But wait for Omni's reply, He may like this idea.
Seriously? What is it with nerds and martial arts. It just seems like the biggest stereotype ever.
[Image: nunchucks1.jpg]
[Image: Lj]
Quote:Seriously? What is it with nerds and martial arts. It just seems like the biggest stereotype ever.

Are you suggesting that being bullied is linked to being a nerd? Besides, I find people who practice martial arts to be more attractive in a non-physical way as opposed to those who don't. There's nothing wrong with it.
(11-06-2009, 07:24 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: Are you suggesting that being bullied is linked to being a nerd? Besides, I find people who practice martial arts to be more attractive in a non-physical way as opposed to those who don't. There's nothing wrong with it.

Well, going back on topic...

First, I doubt it would get very much activity. Second, I can guarantee all the topics you mentioned will not be covered in that forum. If it were put in I would probably see kids teaching random techniques they have learned in movies. I myself am a black belt at Tae Kwon Do, and I know that all groups (aka companies) that teach martial arts, even if the same style (aka Judo, TKD, Karate), the forms will always be different. So again, I think the only thing that would happen is kids share cool martial art attacks/moves and not really post anything useful.
(11-06-2009, 07:24 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: Are you suggesting that being bullied is linked to being a nerd? Besides, I find people who practice martial arts to be more attractive in a non-physical way as opposed to those who don't. There's nothing wrong with it.

Oh, nothing like that, I just watched Napoleon Dynamite last night Roflmao
[Image: Lj]
I really don't think this is a great idea. Martial Arts is something that needs to be done in person and taught and support given in person. I fight MMA. I have a black belt in Kung Fu and I've been doing Jiu Jitso (with a focus in Brazilian lately) for over 10 years. I'm also a Level 3 Combatives Instructor for the Army. Absolutely nothing that I know could be taught or support given over a forum.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
(11-07-2009, 05:15 AM)Grizzly Wrote: I really don't think this is a great idea. Martial Arts is something that needs to be done in person and taught and support given in person. I fight MMA. I have a black belt in Kung Fu and I've been doing Jiu Jitso (with a focus in Brazilian lately) for over 10 years. I'm also a Level 3 Combatives Instructor for the Army. Absolutely nothing that I know could be taught or support given over a forum.

Damn I want to be like you hehe :p

I like martial arts, but as they said Martial Arts need to be taught in person in order for one to truly understand the basics of each technique.
I have over 6 years training Taekwondo for self-defense and reach the black belt pony (means that I'm a black belt and under 18 years old.) I really like Martial Arts and I'm thinking of learning new techniques such a Jiu Jitso, kickboxing, and even Kendo.
[Image: mynewsig.jpg]

Want to know how to stop offline Phisher for good, well click here
I am in Tae Kwon Do Martial Art

[Image: l_1f5d5741a4164c0e82c5434db371d0cf.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion for this forum Launcher 3 676 07-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Sam
  [suggestion] Fashion forum Psychosis 27 5,776 03-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Peter L
  [Suggestion] General Software forum Codad Law 15 3,478 03-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Codad Law