Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WoW phished, keylogger prevention
(10-13-2009, 03:53 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: Call Blizzard and request that your SQ be changed.

Thanks!
(10-13-2009, 06:51 AM)shoneyboy56 Wrote: After the second time, I created a new e-mail address just for my WoW account. My WoW accoung now has new security questions and passwords. The first time i just changed e-mail password and WoW password but they were still able to hack my account. I did not notice if they hacked e-mail account, there was nothing to make me think that.

Yeah, too darned smart is what these dudes are becoming it seems.

I wonder just how they got that info then?
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------
Just Never log in to those sites again. dont try to find cheat sites for these games. make sure when u login somewhere its the correct URL
So the best ways to prevent getting scammed are.

1. If anyone emails or PM's you asking you to login somewhere or asks for your login details, Well just don't, I mean why would they need your pass/user in the first place?

2. Their are lots of silly sites that if you give them your user and password they will give ya gold, Too good to be true? Yes it is. Their are no exploits for epic gear or gold.

3. Also Any software claming to give you gold or gear or whatever is most likley a keylogger or RAT. If you want to cheat the only working and safe tool to use is Wowemuhacker.

4. Common Sense.
[Image: Scorpion-Sig3.png]
Oh, also, to prevent getting your SQ guessed or whatever, NEVER use your true information. I always use gibberish as my SA. For example, if it were like, "Who was your best friend in high school?" I'd put, "Juniiólmunilokinõ Advtjiniunumëtinőm."
Okay, Thanks to everyone who responded. It was common sense not to go back to that website that claimed to be WoW. I don't use cheats or try to get free gold. I had a programmer look at my HJT log and he told me what shouldn't be there. He also recommending some other programs to provide better security.

(10-21-2009, 11:23 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: Oh, also, to prevent getting your SQ guessed or whatever, NEVER use your true information. I always use gibberish as my SA. For example, if it were like, "Who was your best friend in high school?" I'd put, "Juniiólmunilokinõ Advtjiniunumëtinőm."

Yah lol, something similar would be a good SQ answer. I would definitely have to make sure i copy it down right or that would suck for me Smile
Did you accept a file from a friend? Like via msn or any other site? If so, you may have gottan a FUD keylogger or an istealer binded with a Keylogger. Or a cookie stealer.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
(10-12-2009, 09:22 PM)shoneyboy56 Wrote: I believe it was this phishing site worldofwarcraft-awards.com that I put my account info and tried to log into.

ktmrider530,

No I did not do anything like that. My post says it was a phishing site. I believe it may have been a keylogger though. After help from a programmer, I have cleaned my laptop and everything has been gravy since
@worldofwarcraft-awards.com

This is a rated site in the black hatter hacking.So next time do not login here or enter your info
[Image: 2d75599e9a.png]:superman:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Anti Keylogger] Key Scrambler [Free] Julie 22 7,451 06-04-2014, 09:31 PM
Last Post: OpenSSL
  [Mini tutorial] How to check if you are infected with a keylogger xsciveral 4 1,788 10-02-2010, 01:38 AM
Last Post: Review
  **ANTI - KEYLOGGER** EXplore_System135 13 2,863 11-06-2009, 03:54 AM
Last Post: EXplore_System135
  Anti Keylogger [Download Link] Kharnage 27 4,569 11-06-2009, 01:45 AM
Last Post: UID=0
  [Guide] Don't Get Phished! Anti-Phishing Tutorial! Zeaphor 9 1,881 10-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Zeaphor