Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Staff?
I'm putting money on Ace or Breshie. What do ya'll think?
I don't think anybody lol, and that's what my guess will be for a while. Now that there's no feather, what's there to moderate here? Hardly much that one person can't handle.
Considering Omniscient probably doesn't want to deal with reports everyday on top of his other commitments and since I'm sure he doesn't want to deal with all kinds of site-related questions and feedback, it would only be logical? Even if there is no staff for a while, who do you think will be the next one and why? :p
Fragma again, or Skill if he ever started becoming more active here. Maybe you... Who knows, this person has to have spent the time here though, and demonstrate some sense of maturity and leadership. Otherwise there's just potential to do more damage than good on the forum in my opinion. So if he chooses not to choose somebody who's already been a mod in the past, it's not going to be for a while until he gets the chance to evaluate somebody else suitable for the job.
I don't think we're anyone to decide the "Staff members" but if trilobyte- is going to be active again, I would like to see him as staff again.
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
Solidus, Skill, and Eve were good admins, Eve left a long time ago though Skill was somewhat frequent, Solidus was on all the time in the background taking care of stuff, now that they were all demoted, Solidus went completely inactive and Skill is the only guy that still visits once in a while. Sam seems to pick it up when he first becomes mod but slowly looses the motivation to continue after a while (only from my opinion).

trilobyte hasn't been on in a long time though.

Edit: He changed his name apparently, so I didn't recognize him at first...
Solidus is busy with GFX forum, I see him active on Mybb community.
People lose interest here quickly. "I mean after getting 100 posts."
I don't think trilobyte- will be able to concentrate here because he's super busy with his own site and earning money.

Skill and Eve are nowhere.

I guess Omni should appoint two new staff from different timezones.
(03-27-2012, 01:42 AM)Kewl Wrote: Solidus is busy with GFX forum, I see him active on Mybb community.
People lose interest here quickly. "I mean after getting 100 posts."
I don't think trilobyte- will be able to concentrate here because he's super busy with his own site and earning money.

Skill and Eve are nowhere.

I guess Omni should appoint two new staff from different timezones.

Can't say I disagree, everything you've said seems accurate on those selection of members. And that's probably why I don't see a new mod being appointed for a while lol. I know being an admin that it's nice to see for yourself how members carry themselves on the forum before you just take someone's word for it or go by the popular vote of the members on your forum to appoint a new moderator.
I don't think Omni would be happy after reading this thread.
Because even sometimes I hate, someone from my forum telling me what to do. That's just like a disrespect to the owner's thinking, we are no one to tell him what he should do and whom he should appoint, If I was at King's place I wouldn't make this topic and would have waited until Omni appointed a new staff member or moderator.
(03-27-2012, 01:54 AM)Kewl Wrote: I don't think Omni would be happy after reading this thread.
Because even sometimes I hate, someone from my forum telling me what to do. That's just like a disrespect to the owner's thinking, we are no one to tell him what he should do and whom he should appoint, If I was at King's place I wouldn't make this topic and would have waited until Omni appointed a new staff member or moderator.

Omni hates it too. But this thread wasn't meant to vote for a new mod (technically therefore it should have been in the Off Topic area instead), but instead just take a guess as to who it might be as the next moderator being promoted. No harm in that...

I am the same way too, I hate it. But you still have to keep your cool from what I know lol. Discouraging members from suggesting things is bad, and that's what the result will be if you ever snap at a member for something like that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Welcome Damink to Staff Omniscient 34 5,290 06-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Hazard
  No staff today? InfamousKnight 7 1,719 03-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  Inactive Staff Peter L 49 11,142 02-23-2011, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  Why am I not staff? Sam 22 4,000 12-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Sam
  Welcome Jay, to the Staff team. Sam 53 17,022 10-28-2010, 02:23 AM
Last Post: Magiicâ„¢