Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SF Feather Award No Longer Available
Standard, meaning not HQ and not LQ. Medium/Standard Quality.

As for the content, I said this before, and I'll say it again. Where do you want them to post, if there are no people requesting help? The reason why I have such a low post count, in such a long time is because I don't repeat the same posts as you said. If everyone did like me, this forum would be a desert. But hey, it shouldn't really bother you. Just ignore those posts.
A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
[Image: aTiq3.png]
(04-05-2012, 08:21 PM)Cronus Wrote: Standard, meaning not HQ and not LQ. Medium/Standard Quality.

As for the content, I said this before, and I'll say it again. Where do you want them to post, if there are no people requesting help? The reason why I have such a low post count, in such a long time is because I don't repeat the same posts as you said. If everyone did like me, this forum would be a desert. But hey, it shouldn't really bother you. Just ignore those posts.

A standard is set by the normal quality all posts have; so I can ask this. And no, there's almost always another word to be said, it's just no one is thinking outside of the box and taking more out of what's in the original post. Almost none of my posts are the same, and when they are, I try to add a little spice to them by putting in personality, and additional thought and help; quality over quantity, what good is an active website if the posts are crap? When something is answered, you either let it go and don't reply, or you try to come up with a new answer if the topic starter hasn't solved the issue. And yeah, I do, but from time to time I glance at one and I let it go.
Quaero gloria stellarum.
No one seemed to get it.
Sure there may not have been enough threads active to come here and get your 100 posts in one day but who said anything about one day.
I mean it might well have taken 2 weeks to get the quality posts needed to get the award yet nearly everyone come here and tried to bang 100 posts as quick as they could.
Quality posts take time to post. They take knowlage to post.
Glad its gone even if it costs traffic. Atleast the bad traffic will be gone.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Look at this even a week or so later after it's been removed we're still talking about it lol.
(04-06-2012, 05:43 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: Look at this even a week or so later after it's been removed we're still talking about it lol.

Gotta talk about something Ace.
I think there is a thirst for new content here lately and thats why threads that would not get much attention are getting more.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

This topic has always had the greatest attention on the forum though no doubt from what i've noticed in the time i've been here. It's always got a huge view count, regardless of whether those viewers can or are willing to post on the subject because our biggest trafficing source is that forum at this point until advertising starts at other places on the net. I've posted lots in the programming section that haven't gotten any attention, although that's probably because of the lack of coders here now. The majority of people either post in the Emotional Section, Gaming sections, or the Off topic area. There's decent amount of response in the tech sections, although that is starting to lack the attention required to become a successful portion of this site.

Talk is good, and at this point, it's the glue that holds this forum together until we can converse as member to member in other sections like things used to be here. Programmers seem to have gone in hiatus, along with lots of the tech people though, and it's slowly spreading like a plague across the rest of the forum areas. The Emotional Support section here though seems to be highly successful.
Finally ! Thanks alot Omni . Now we can really have fun in the forum without any members spamming for 100 posts .
[Image: Z95Xp.png]
No problem Smile

I PM'ed Sam and he never replied so I guess there is no chance of me getting the award Tongue
I do believe this is a good idea, even though it's slightly unfair for some people like me for example. I've been active on and off here, but never really posted much since i don't often have anything wise to say that hasn't already been said. I was never out for the award in any way, i just thought it would be a cool this to have when i finally reach 100 posts here. I guess that chance is no more.

But hopefully it will improve the quality here, since there were a lot of people who came here just for the award and left when they got it.
Hopefully it will open up again as I would like to get this reward.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bring back the feather! xadamxk 0 1,008 04-19-2016, 04:15 PM
Last Post: xadamxk
  Support Feather Award Omniscient 91 18,542 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Last Post: JonBD
  [Suggestion] Sticky Award Cronus 11 2,221 09-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Fly
  Question about "Support Feather Award" AnonymousPie 5 1,794 06-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Retribute
  Writing Award? Metapod 62 16,565 05-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Deity