Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SF Feather Award No Longer Available
I'd make the award recurring if anything. Perhaps a decent 30 posts a month or something, and automate it to prevent the trouble?
(10-17-2014, 10:49 AM)Aura Wrote: There's also the risk of seeing many members register, and make LQ posts (or leech) in order to get 100 posts, grab the award and leave right after. I don't know how the attribution process of that award was working too. Were the posts and threads made by the user reviewed by Omni or the Staff to make sure that he really deserved that award or not?

I would honestly think Omniscient did review everyone's profile because you had to PM him stating you had 100 posts. Assuming that he checked your account himself instead throwing the award at you.
(10-17-2014, 12:22 PM)Robust Wrote: I'd make the award recurring if anything. Perhaps a decent 30 posts a month or something, and automate it to prevent the trouble?

That would be a lot of work to even code something , or even make staff on either site just to look.

Honestly, the award shouldn't come back until there is a decent amount of activity within the site. Yes it's a great advertising tool but how many active members on here atm? lol.
If Omni reopened the award, the site would just be spammed.
(10-17-2014, 04:06 PM)Zachary Wrote:
(10-17-2014, 12:22 PM)Robust Wrote: I'd make the award recurring if anything. Perhaps a decent 30 posts a month or something, and automate it to prevent the trouble?

That would be a lot of work to even code something , or even make staff on either site just to look.

Honestly, the award shouldn't come back until there is a decent amount of activity within the site. Yes it's a great advertising tool but how many active members on here atm? lol.
If Omni reopened the award, the site would just be spammed.

You make no sense. It's a marketing tactic if you like. It's to attract members. It has nothing to do with how many active members there are already? There are actually quite a number, and if there's already activity there's no point of an award...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bring back the feather! xadamxk 0 994 04-19-2016, 04:15 PM
Last Post: xadamxk
  Support Feather Award Omniscient 91 18,294 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Last Post: JonBD
  [Suggestion] Sticky Award Cronus 11 2,170 09-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Fly
  Question about "Support Feather Award" AnonymousPie 5 1,763 06-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Retribute
  Writing Award? Metapod 62 16,195 05-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Deity