Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Minute Cleanup From Tenants...
So the University tenants moved out of the other house I have just before the start of this month, and i'm supposed to get this ready and up for rent again by probably this next Saturday for people out of Toronto for a big company. I go over there and you wouldn't believe the kind of damage that I've just witnessed, it's not good and really un-motivational, but in the end, i'm sure they won't be getting any of their $1500 damage deposit back. And on top of which they still owe me a check for last months rent.

They blatantly disregard the rules from what i've seen about smoking, and having pets there; (I noticed they leave a cat urine/stain and odor removal cleanup product behind right before i'm supposed to go in and assess the damages). I see paint touch ups everywhere on the walls, (which I know were not there before because it was all finished and dealt with before they moved in). They've put puddy on a great deal of places, and painted over top of it with not even a matching color of paint, and even though this was against the terms of the rent as well for them, so they will probably get charged for that.

One of the places that really annoyed me downstairs was this huge 1ft by 4ft patchup job right about at waist level to shoulder height; looks like they have masking tape behind it as well (another item they left behind that I seen), and I can imagine from their partying, someone just probably completely went through that wall. There's huge burn marks on the downstairs carpet, drink spills, tiles completely busted of the floor at the bottom of the stairs, light bulb fixtures smashed, 6 broken (metal) chairs, and one with the metal legs completely busted off, the waterbed has a hole in it, and they've tried taping it with ducktape, only to leave it leak and damage the actual wood structure around it from what i've seen today, garbage tucked everywhere underneath and around the actual waterbed bladder, and at least 10 buttons ripped out from the upholstery on that bed (I would have trouble ripping them out by prying on them with a screwdriver, so... No honest idea of how they could have managed to do that, unless maybe their dumb cat did it, which I can only assume they have had here at one point in time). Furthermore, shelves from a bookcase that they've taken from the built in bookcase in that house, to turn into their own little shelve in one of the bedrooms for some reason.

Thumbtack holes all around the frame of the dining room (which I've seen one day taking a visit to help them fix the furnace) to held up a blanket, maybe to turn into a room for somebody else to sleep there and have their privacy, cabinet door hinges completely bent to the point where the doors don't even shut anymore, pizza stains on the $2000 chairs and couch set in the living room (they've left the seats thrown on the floor and the arm rests also ~5ft away from the actual chairs on the floor), the piano seat and end tables look like they've been through a storm, chips and everything, coffee stains on practically every glass table in the house, including one computer desk which they've dismantled for some reason, and i'm missing parts for.

Also, from one "off limits" zone which they were trusted not to go into, they've taken some of the pillows out of there, which are now completely wrecked; looks like cat pee stains, along with holdes in them, and in one of the blankets for the beds i've had in there, which i've found in the dirty clothes basket with some socks and other clothes I don't know what to do with. There's some of one of the girl's cloths in a box still over there, someone's jeans on the floor, a toolkit on a table, and a microwave upstairs, along with a dvd that they left behind, and a barbecue. I took the barbecue and toolkit and the microwave though as I basically own all that now.

The rest of the damages though... The list goes on from other tables and furniture which looked like it's gone through a period of 20 or 30 years just in the last period of 8 months.

I will be busy lots of this week dealing with this stuff, and work, just so nobody wonders where I am this week.
Thats a shame mate. But it happens all to often.
Im not sure on the rules and laws where you are but in Australia tenants have more rights than the owners.
Its bordering on insane. And yes this kind of damage is all to common.
Sorry to hear it but Ace. Just a big hole in the pocket at the end of the day.
I can only hope your next tenants are a little less inclined to destroy your house.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Oh wow, what some people do is unbelievable. It's rather disgusting the way they've left the place and you're supposed to fix all that up. That's horrendous.
Quote:Im not sure on the rules and laws where you are but in Australia tenants have more rights than the owners.

This is true, and for a lease that I had them on, although it was under a contract, and i've got their damage desposit.

1. They were signed not to do painting, have pets, smoke, and a few other things, and from what i've seen, they have broke basically every rule on that contract.

So if they want to sue me for not returning any of their damage deposit, they will lose, and I will win even more money from them. Simple as that, they leave and show this kind of disrespect towards me when i've given them a good deal to begin with, then I can turn around and basically give them my gratitude with that same amount of respect in return and basically say fudge you too.

I have found jeeps on the front lawn like i've mentioned in the past in convos with other people, and they have not cleaned probably even once since the time I got it ready before they moved in.

So they want to do this, I can do the same and say "screw you" too... They had trouble paying for the deal that I was giving them, and there was 4 of them. Now they show this amount of disrespect? Well when they go out into the real world, I hope they have fun with people that are a bit less lenient with demanding the money that today's society expects on average.
Well that really sucks for you. Good luck with getting that all cleaned up!

-Rhynorater.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Could you spare a minute? Fragma 2 440 10-23-2010, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Fragma
  10 minute mail cheeseburger 3 516 11-15-2009, 06:43 AM
Last Post: Jamza