Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got A Job :D
Good stuff man. I just applied to Subway, I'm going to check in on my application on my way to my apartment from class.

I've known the manager of a restaurant also on the way home and I plan on checking in there too.

Good luck!
Well, you'll see what you'll have to do. And when you find out ask for how much you get paid.
Don't too nervous.
Agree with this! Minimum wage isn't fun! Hope you work your way to the top and be the best you can beSmile
(03-17-2012, 08:33 PM)Elegant Wrote: Well, you'll see what you'll have to do. And when you find out ask for how much you get paid.
Don't too nervous.

I already know how much I'm being payed, I just don't know the hours. Also, you should never ask your employer how much they're paying you as it looks like you're only taking the job for the money.
(03-17-2012, 09:24 PM)BreShiE Wrote: I already know how much I'm being payed, I just don't know the hours. Also, you should never ask your employer how much they're paying you as it looks like you're only taking the job for the money.
Mind if I ask why people take a job if not for the money? I always used to ask about pay, and hours.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
(03-17-2012, 09:27 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: Mind if I ask why people take a job if not for the money? I always used to ask about pay, and hours.

It's obvious that everyone gets a job for the money, but you don't want your employers to think your only doing it for the money, you then look like someone who's not going to work hard...
(03-19-2012, 07:45 AM)BreShiE Wrote: It's obvious that everyone gets a job for the money, but you don't want your employers to think your only doing it for the money, you then look like someone who's not going to work hard...
Yeah, and most places these days can almost always find a replacement.
I just applied at subway, and I called them to like check up, and they seemed interested =D

Wish me luck!
First, congrats on your job!! Second, just wanted to point out something you said:

(03-15-2012, 01:59 PM)BreShiE Wrote: You never ask a job to pay you more money. In fact, you never even ask how much you're getting paid.

I don't know where you're from, but in America, if it's an actual job (not like McDonald's or something like that), you ALWAYS ask for the compensation and bargain with the employer.
That is quite amazing. I know what it is like being at home all day bored. A job could really turn things around and bring some interesting experiences into your life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Summer job.. Chelloa 4 600 06-25-2012, 08:21 AM
Last Post: ///ViNcE
  Job when your older... DaUB3R 16 1,861 12-25-2011, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Alside
  Your first job alabama 16 1,910 10-08-2011, 06:23 AM
Last Post: iRun
  15 year old trying to find a job Psychosis 36 10,744 09-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Last Post: iRun
  Got my first job: PC Repair Shop Kotto*N[ix]mouth 20 2,500 09-20-2011, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Kotto*N[ix]mouth