Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Improving Stamina quickly!
Hey, so I've been lurking in this forum and reading all the good stuff about healthy living. Yet, I haven't seen a thread about stamina, which is a great part of our life.

I've got my football [No, not American Football, I meant Soccer] tournament in exactly 10 days. This tournament is one of the biggest soccer tournament in my city. I don't know why, but my stamina is drastically decreasing.

I have a treadmill at home. I need to know how I can improve my stamina in 10 days, I'll do anything I can possibly do and I'll do my very best.
I really want to do everything I can to help my team win this tournament and not disappoint my team and our supporters. Please.
If you want to, you can help motivate myself too with quotes, videos, etc.
I know I'm like 5 days late, but doing sprints repeatedly. If you just jog a lot it isn't doing anything.. I would say do 100m sprint, then 25 second break, and repeat it 10 times. Also Doing shuffles left and right for like 2 minutes straight also help.

Hope I helped Smile
It's difficult to increase it in that amount of time, it would be better for you just to take it slowly and slowly improve.
I don't know a way to improve your stamina in that little amount of time.
[Image: in2Z5.png]
Are you talking about stamina as in fitness?

If you are talking about that, your fitness builds up over time slowly. The more you exercise, run and train, the faster your fitness will rise. You cannot raise it up that much in 10 days, but doing a run for a few miles outside or on your treadmill as you said will help a lot and will make your body use to pushing it to do work.

You can't improve it quickly. It takes time. Train every day and it will improve.
What you do is sprint as hard as you can for 30 seconds straight. And by sprint I mean SPRINT. Run as hard as you possibly can for 30 seconds straight. Then after the 30 seconds, just walk for about 2-3 minutes. Repeat this 4-7 times for a workout. I guarantee your stamina will significantly increase within 2 weeks since this workout puts such a large strain on your cardiovascular system

Vicki R. Arevalo
Swimming, meditation, Healthy food would help if done consistently

quitting habits of smoking would also help

waking early in the morning would help

basically I am also trying to make all this things an Habit
Start running a half hour every other day. Take walking breaks as necessary but keep going for a half hour. And it might be a good idea in the future not to wait until your "fitness test very soon" to improve your stamina.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stamina Wheezer 0 459 03-13-2012, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Wheezer