Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Can I Upgrade Vista Key?
Hey,

I have a Windows Vista Home Premium Key.
I want to move to Windows 7.
Is there a way I can upgrade my Vista key (just the key) online to Win7 Home Premium? Or Do I have to buy the new windows key and pay the full price?

Cheers
For what i think you do have to buy a new key!
Google es tu mejor amigo :]
Yeah you have to buy a new key. I think if you have a legit copy of Vista and want to upgrade, it is cheaper than if you want upgrade from XP or any other OS.

IBDF
I'm sure theres a small discount, maybe email microsoft?
This thread was started 2 years ago, no need to bump this one at all.
I think you should buy a new one. But you can use cracks also which can be find in thepiratebay.com
(09-15-2011, 09:41 PM)spicylips Wrote: I think you should buy a new one. But you can use cracks also which can be find in thepiratebay.com

Warez references are discouraged at SF, and personally I wouldn't suggest for him to do that, Microsoft cracks down on updates that disable cracked versions, so you'll either have to risk taking in updates for "Security" or not take them at all. And you won't be able to download anything from the Microsoft website, since there's a genuine check... (Unless you are like me and know how to get straight to the download)

I needed the XPmode install msi, and I wasn't getting it in my Windows updates like on my other Windows 7 machine, but apparently, I was a little off, since it's only needed and supported on machines greater than service pack 1 lol. So I got the download from Microsoft's official site, bypassing everything that wouldn't let me download it because of my system requirements that it didn't tell me about. To find out (once I tried installing it after it was on my local HDD) that it wouldn't install anyway because I ran SP1.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upgrade? HaX420 21 3,560 03-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Win7 saying my legitimate key is not genuine? BioHazaЯd™ 12 3,163 07-28-2011, 05:56 AM
Last Post: VIRUZ™
  Product Key Maestro 2 819 03-29-2010, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Maestro
  Drivers for Vista ? Treblez 3 745 03-04-2010, 12:19 AM
Last Post: Foresight
  Win7 Upgrade InsideSin 3 850 12-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Last Post: WMM