Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kinect or Playstation Move?
I'm thinking about buying either the Kinect for Xbox360 or the Move for Playstation 3, but I'm not sure which one. Has anyone got either one of these, and what do you think of them?

Also; could you recommend any games for either one?
I like that Kinect, it's pretty good in my opinion.
I am a die hard PS3 fan, so you know where my vote is going! Tongue
I've got a Move, but I've only used it once. And the Kinect is no doubt just like an advanced version of Playstations Eye Toy. Both pointless if you ask me.
(02-13-2012, 04:59 AM)Fragma Wrote: I've got a Move, but I've only used it once. And the Kinect is no doubt just like an advanced version of Playstations Eye Toy. Both pointless if you ask me.

Kinect is the evolution of a new world in gaming, as a start. But you can't get there without seeing the steps leading up to it Smile

Kinect is just a toy as far as i'm concerned for what it will become, or what innovative ideas will become of it. Branching off of Kinect itself through other developers and companies.
Kinect gets my vote.. I dont own any of them but I have played Kinect at my friends place and its pretty much cool for me ..
[Image: IYOy9.png]
(02-13-2012, 05:08 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: Kinect is the evolution of a new world in gaming, as a start. But you can't get there without seeing the steps leading up to it Smile

Kinect is just a toy as far as i'm concerned for what it will become, or what innovative ideas will become of it. Branching off of Kinect itself through other developers and companies.

This "new world in gaming" won't kick off though. I also see it as a toy, and if it was something that would change the world of gaming then it would be popular, which let's be honest, it isn't. It might inspire other ideas for what the next step in gaming could be, but it won't have any other impact on gaming.
(02-13-2012, 05:31 AM)Fragma Wrote: This "new world in gaming" won't kick off though. I also see it as a toy, and if it was something that would change the world of gaming then it would be popular, which let's be honest, it isn't. It might inspire other ideas for what the next step in gaming could be, but it won't have any other impact on gaming.

That's what I meant though, right now it's just basic, but it's the start to virtualization in gaming, which is something that will advance, and be a big part of gaming in future generations inevitably. You're thinking of this in the now, which is what i'm trying to get you to see though. Brilliant innovations don't just appear, they develop into something more advanced over time, like evolution.

You're picturing this as "Kinect" not as the start of virtual gaming.

Quote:It might inspire other ideas for what the next step in gaming could be, but it won't have any other impact on gaming.

If it inspired other ideas, how does it not have an impact on gaming? The idea for the future humans picture as becoming more like a virtual world, nobody will want to continue sitting around on a couch with a controller, you watch Smile

It will turn into a more realistic experience through the world of advanced virtualization in gaming over time. The Wii was just a toy that inspired other mindsets to start planning for that kind of future. It's much easier to build on ideas than to create new ones.
(02-13-2012, 06:38 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: That's what I meant though, right now it's just basic, but it's the start to virtualization in gaming, which is something that will advance, and be a big part of gaming in future generations inevitably. You're thinking of this in the now, which is what i'm trying to get you to see though. Brilliant innovations don't just appear, they develop into something more advanced over time, like evolution.

You're picturing this as "Kinect" not as the start of virtual gaming.

Quote:It might inspire other ideas for what the next step in gaming could be, but it won't have any other impact on gaming.
If it inspired other ideas, how does it not have an impact on gaming?

I said it wont have any OTHER impact on gaming, with the inspiration of other ideas being the only impact.

Quote:You're picturing this as "Kinect" not as the start of virtual gaming.
Because it's not the start. The Eye Toy was the first real interactive system for a gaming console, and that was made years & years ago. Then came the Wii, which took everything by storm, and then came the Move, which is pretty much like a better version of the Wii, & Kinect which is like a better version of the Eye Toy.

Quote:Brilliant innovations don't just appear, they develop into something more advanced over time, like evolution.
I know, that's what I've been saying lol.
"I know, that's what I've been saying lol." -- lol you're tension to accept the concept behind Kinect doesn't agree with your claim of this. Roflmao

I missed that word "other" in there, although what other impact do you need? That's about the only impact anything in the gaming world has had; inspiration for future gaming technology. PS1 itself didn't influence the gaming world for the console that it was for technological advancing, however it did affect PS2, which eventually lead to the PS3. And that comparatively is the role that Kinect will follow for this new concept of gaming. That's the way I see it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xbox One - The Kinect Reptar 5 944 10-17-2014, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Zachary
  Fruit Ninja Kinect Style. Chief 17 962 03-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Divine
  PlayStation®Vita Deranged 9 905 06-15-2011, 02:45 AM
Last Post: Deranged
  Playstation Network Down Fragma 28 2,324 05-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Last Post: iCrack
  How to interface a Playstation PS3 Controller with the Easy Bluetooth Module? jonahcandy 1 815 01-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Last Post: GSR