Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MegaThoughts
Recently the file sharing site MegaUpload, and it's sister sites MegaVideo, MegaPix, MegaLive and MegaBox were shut down by the FBI.

I was just wondering how many of you were users of these services and what are your thoughts on it?
i used to use mega-upload but it didn't really matter to me if it got shut down honestly..I just feel bad for the owner cuz he will be in deep trouble n all is hard work is waste...

wbu OP?
[Image: IYOy9.png]
(02-11-2012, 05:56 AM)Crystal Wrote: i used to use mega-upload but it didn't really matter to me if it got shut down honestly..I just feel bad for the owner cuz he will be in deep trouble n all is hard work is waste...

wbu OP?

When I was downloading a lot of Xbox 360 ISO's I was constantly using MegaUpload and it's MegaManager. I always got a reliably fast download speed using them, opposed to RapidShare who's premium download speed was no faster than their free user speed. I don't use them much anymore but I think it's a shame they're gone (at least for now). Only about 30% of my downloads were 'illegitimate', the rest were game trailers (uploaded by the official sources) and Share/FreeWare Software. I also used to use MegaVideo regularly as it allowed much longer video times than other sites, such as YouTube (i'm aware that YouTube have increased their limits but this was some time ago now). Overall i'm not impressed with the FBI's decision, and I think some of the allegations against the company are greatly over exaggerated and unfair.
What really hurts is no more megavideo. I always liked Mediafire over MU anyway.