Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allow members to junk/close/delete own threads & posts.
(02-10-2012, 03:39 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: @Ace.
Your clutching at straws mate.
I can guarantee you Omni will NEVER allow people to delete threads here.
Simply because it can be abused and will be at some point or another.
You can argue apples and oranges but the fact remains its a bad idea period.

Haha I know, I know. But no harm in asking about it? It does add to a little bit of extra activity that SF needs once in a while. Giving users a chance to speak out and have a say whether or not the admin has already chosen to reject some of the ideas in this forum. Smile

But I wasn't trying to poke at you to try and keep the idea of deleting threads and posts here. Although i've pointed out that there's no real super danger from allowing members to do so, the only thing I would say about it is just "why?". So being that there's no real reason I could see for having it, that's the reason why I don't think it should be implemented here.

Still I think closing threads is a good idea. Currently we get the staff or admin to help us close our own threads. Why not give users the ability to do so, so that there's no delay in the threads being closed? I don't see the harm in that. And it would allow staff and admin to have more time to focus on the bigger things like spammers and others that go against the set of rules here.

I still stick with my opinion that being able to allow users to close thier own threads would be beneficial

-Deleting Threads/Posts [No]
-Closing Threads [Yes]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allow members to junk/close/delete own threads & posts. - by AceInfinity - 02-10-2012, 03:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Add: View My Threads Eternal. 11 2,794 10-14-2014, 12:00 AM
Last Post: Autopost
  Regarding posting on old threads D3xus 10 1,799 10-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Frostix
  Junk sh1eld 7 1,691 07-07-2014, 07:49 AM
Last Post: unusedunsued22
  Sorry for 2 thread but u can delete after we will solve ? WhiteLine 6 1,184 04-30-2012, 02:56 AM
Last Post: Kewlz
  Threads don't count as posts? au3 0 631 04-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Last Post: au3