Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allow members to junk/close/delete own threads & posts.
Quote:Admins powers versus user powers are completely different.

They are, but when you point to the reason being that users shouldn't have the power to delete posts/threads because... And then state that they could delete everything, I don't see why they are so different based on your analogy, it remains that they are still simply just a permission to do something on the forum. Admins powers are different than users powers, but the person behind Admin/Mod/User titles doesn't really differ that much. Everybody is still human.

Quote:There are threads here made by many of us that have many many replies to them.
Imagine the post count lost if for example i was to remove all my threads or you were?

Okay, but based on your analogy I don't see the difference between that event happening from the abilities of a User, Mod, or Admin. And even especially when taking into account being drunk.

Quote:Imagine your account was hacked for example and someone decided to be a bastard and remove all your threads.

Who's fault is it that the account got hacked most likely though? Smile

And why couldn't that happen to an Admin or Staff member? It has no real bearing on whether or not users should be allowed to have those permissions when you think of things in that regard.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allow members to junk/close/delete own threads & posts. - by AceInfinity - 02-10-2012, 03:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Add: View My Threads Eternal. 11 2,794 10-14-2014, 12:00 AM
Last Post: Autopost
  Regarding posting on old threads D3xus 10 1,799 10-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Frostix
  Junk sh1eld 7 1,691 07-07-2014, 07:49 AM
Last Post: unusedunsued22
  Sorry for 2 thread but u can delete after we will solve ? WhiteLine 6 1,184 04-30-2012, 02:56 AM
Last Post: Kewlz
  Threads don't count as posts? au3 0 631 04-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Last Post: au3