Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allow members to junk/close/delete own threads & posts.
(02-10-2012, 02:31 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: I never allow this on my forum simply because it can be abused.
Lets say for example i get in a fight with Omni and get drunk one night and delete all my threads?
This can happen. And will happen i suspect. Closing threads i would suspect is acceptable though.

Also.....

Why delete threads anyway.
I have posted some really stupid ones here that i shake my head at but keeping them here is a good thing.
Reminds me not to get to drunk when posting here Yeye

In my opinion that doesn't really matter though. You can get drunk and start spamming threads which is just as probable in my eyes. Let them abuse it if they want, I don't see it as a big problem, you don't have the ability to delete others threads. And who knows, a staff member or the admin himself could be just as likely to get drunk and start deleting threads, does that mean they should restrict themselves from having the kind of power that they do though? Huh

It is more dangerous than a user being able to only delete their own threads or posts if you put it into perspective. But since you're analyzing it that way you also have to take a look at the bigger picture here.

However, for the topic of deleting threads or even posts for that matter, I would agree with you though.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allow members to junk/close/delete own threads & posts. - by AceInfinity - 02-10-2012, 03:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Add: View My Threads Eternal. 11 2,794 10-14-2014, 12:00 AM
Last Post: Autopost
  Regarding posting on old threads D3xus 10 1,800 10-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Frostix
  Junk sh1eld 7 1,692 07-07-2014, 07:49 AM
Last Post: unusedunsued22
  Sorry for 2 thread but u can delete after we will solve ? WhiteLine 6 1,186 04-30-2012, 02:56 AM
Last Post: Kewlz
  Threads don't count as posts? au3 0 631 04-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Last Post: au3