Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allow members to junk/close/delete own threads & posts.
@Ace.
Your clutching at straws mate.
I can guarantee you Omni will NEVER allow people to delete threads here.
Simply because it can be abused and will be at some point or another.
You can argue apples and oranges but the fact remains its a bad idea period.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(02-10-2012, 03:39 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: @Ace.
Your clutching at straws mate.
I can guarantee you Omni will NEVER allow people to delete threads here.
Simply because it can be abused and will be at some point or another.
You can argue apples and oranges but the fact remains its a bad idea period.

Haha I know, I know. But no harm in asking about it? It does add to a little bit of extra activity that SF needs once in a while. Giving users a chance to speak out and have a say whether or not the admin has already chosen to reject some of the ideas in this forum. Smile

But I wasn't trying to poke at you to try and keep the idea of deleting threads and posts here. Although i've pointed out that there's no real super danger from allowing members to do so, the only thing I would say about it is just "why?". So being that there's no real reason I could see for having it, that's the reason why I don't think it should be implemented here.

Still I think closing threads is a good idea. Currently we get the staff or admin to help us close our own threads. Why not give users the ability to do so, so that there's no delay in the threads being closed? I don't see the harm in that. And it would allow staff and admin to have more time to focus on the bigger things like spammers and others that go against the set of rules here.

I still stick with my opinion that being able to allow users to close thier own threads would be beneficial

-Deleting Threads/Posts [No]
-Closing Threads [Yes]
The last thing we want here is members being able to put a stop to any kind of discussion that doesn't need to be stopped. Remember we're trying to grow as a forum and as a community, therefore if members can close/remove threads when they want it effectively stops discussion dead. Someone who may of been able to contribute can no longer do so.

Notice I don't close many threads myself. I close them if they break the rules.

As for OP's requesting closure via the report button. - Unless I can clearly see why the thread should be closed I will ignore the report.

Quote:The last thing we want here is members being able to put a stop to any kind of discussion that doesn't need to be stopped

Discussion on threads that have already been solved though? That's about as bad as arriving late to a party.

Quote:As for OP's requesting closure via the report button. - Unless I can clearly see why the thread should be closed I will ignore the report.

Maybe it would be possible to restrict the number of threads you can close per day to a set number through a simple plugin? Or even for post count? There's lots of responsible members here though. The only real downside for this community I can see for allowing members to close threads, starts when the spammers from HF come in wanting the feather. It would provoke more created threads from those guys, which are more likely to be garbage anyways.
This is just a test replay. I have some problems posting a thread.
LaughingMan.
Your not the old LaughingMan i remember from the Oreo days are you?
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

We can continue this conversation in private if you don't mind.
We should definitely be allowed to close our threads... Its sometimes very buggy to report your post saying pl delete this..
I hope omni allows this feature and let user's close their own threads after meeting X number of posts...
[Image: IYOy9.png]
I think that everyone should be able to close threads, but junking should have a limit. There are a lot of dead threads that just keep getting more and more posts because there is no option to close.
[Image: 0xWVt.png]
I don't fully agree with junking, but as for closing I am with you. It'd help clean up some answered question and like you said, if it's simply regret.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Add: View My Threads Eternal. 11 2,679 10-14-2014, 12:00 AM
Last Post: Autopost
  Regarding posting on old threads D3xus 10 1,716 10-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Frostix
  Junk sh1eld 7 1,628 07-07-2014, 07:49 AM
Last Post: unusedunsued22
  Sorry for 2 thread but u can delete after we will solve ? WhiteLine 6 1,126 04-30-2012, 02:56 AM
Last Post: Kewlz
  Threads don't count as posts? au3 0 614 04-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Last Post: au3