Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Batch] Quick Drive Information Script (Created by AceInfinity)
What is the way to learn how Windows works & reprogramming it???
A developer, thinker & bliss guy that tries his hardest to enjoy life ~~~
(02-08-2012, 04:56 PM)///ViNcE Wrote: What is the way to learn how Windows works & reprogramming it???

Learning how Windows works becomes a part of collective knowledge gained through experience with computers. Reprogramming Windows? Huh
How would I even start??? I've always wanted to modify Windows & Linux but never found a good resource about modifying it :/
Also, wanting to learn to write scripts on Windows OS.
None of that is clear to me, are you associating batch as the ideal language to modify a Windows operating system?

Batch doesn't work with Linux.

And modifying what exactly do you mean by "it" here?
///ViNcE Wrote:Also, wanting to learn to write scripts on Windows OS.

And I assume you mean you wanted to learn to write batch scripts in specific? As there's lots of scripting languages out there. Powershell, AutoIT (compilable), Perl, etc...
Ya, scripts, understanding the Windows shell & everything that relies on interacting with the Windows OS.
Example: Telling you through CMD to do this & that instead of a program.

Learning scripting for Linux is also what I mean, like working with the BASH.
In esssance, learning the syntax of both OS command line for troubleshooting.

Not only all this stuff, modifying both Linux & Windows at the start for lets say, putting in a program as part of the installation. Or even the theme.
I think you're confused by a misconception you have here. CMD doesn't have any built in functions really. It's an interpretter for the programs in your Windows directories, and mainly System32. CMD uses programs to function in other words, it's not some machine level programming language.

ipconfig is an executable (ipconfig.exe) along with, tasklist, taskkill, tracert, tree, etc...

Virtually nothing is built into CMD, it uses all programs.

Quote:Not only all this stuff, modifying both Linux & Windows at the start for lets say, putting in a program as part of the installation. Or even the theme.

I have no clue what you mean here though. putting a program as part of the installation or theme? Huh
(02-09-2012, 06:16 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: I think you're confused by a misconception you have here. CMD doesn't have any built in functions really. It's an interpretter for the programs in your Windows directories, and mainly System32. CMD uses programs to function in other words, it's not some machine level programming language.

ipconfig is an executable (ipconfig.exe) along with, tasklist, taskkill, tracert, tree, etc...

Virtually nothing is built into CMD, it uses all programs.

I have no clue what you mean here though. putting a program as part of the installation or theme? Huh
Ok, that explains a little more but I meant for the programs.

The Windows modification, I men't as lets say I install Windows, these set of programs are already installed when I install Windows instead of manually having to install it manually.
(02-09-2012, 07:03 AM)///ViNcE Wrote: Ok, that explains a little more but I meant for the programs.

The Windows modification, I men't as lets say I install Windows, these set of programs are already installed when I install Windows instead of manually having to install it manually.

So you want to have an installer pack of your own basically? Where windows comes with a bunch of programs by default after you install it to a volume? Not sure why you're wanting to do that, but maybe you can look into Windows PE sections at http://reboot.pro. Virtually all the information you need directly on that forum. And some HIGHLY knowledgeable members, without any extent or imagination of exaggeration.

Some of the members there are honestly probably 100 times my intelligence level in some areas of computers... Mostly in the aspect of Windows Booting though, which i'm not familiar with at all. They work on a project called "WinBuilder" there, which was a program developed in Delphi for creating Windows Boots.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pass Generator Batch script AceInfinity 0 736 09-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Batch tutorial goes here? fanta 3 1,247 05-22-2012, 09:25 PM
  [Batch] Trick - View Environment Variables AceInfinity 0 833 05-05-2012, 07:01 PM
  [Batch Game] Rock, Paper, Scissor by Hack0pz hackopz 3 2,345 01-22-2012, 05:17 PM
  [Batch Script] File Binary Data Compare - (Drag & Drop / Command Line Args) AceInfinity 5 2,936 01-14-2012, 05:59 AM
Last Post: ISO