Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Listen [INTRO]
Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and came straight from HF like so many others. I saw the link to this forum in a post on HF and decided to check it out. When I saw the Academic and Homework help section I was hooked! You can tell from my sig and posts on HF that I love to help people with their homework and I'm glad I found a place with an actual section for it. Before this I just lurked in HF's lounge until someone posted a question lol! Sorry to ramble, but I'm glad to be here!

Thanks, Listen.
Lots of people came from HF as you say, so a link to your HF profile is very unncecessary, and somewhat against the rules if you read rule #7.

Welcome to SF though Smile I have seen your posts in the academic areas.
Edited my first post, sorry! I had no idea a link to my HF profile was against the rules? What's the reasoning behind that?

EDIT: Never mind, I think I get it after reading rule #7. Omni doesn't want his forums blending in together so he isn't running two of the exact same forums?
(02-06-2012, 10:47 PM)Listen Wrote: Edited my first post, sorry! I had no idea a link to my HF profile was against the rules? What's the reasoning behind that?

EDIT: Never mind, I think I get it after reading rule #7. Omni doesn't want his forums blending in together so he isn't running two of the exact same forums?

It's not even about blending. Do you really think the idea of a support forum would involve hacking and other illegal content? In my opinion I could see users coming here for support with computer issues, but not if they find out that some of the members are self-proclaimed "hackers".
Yes that makes perfect sense. Although, posting a link to my HF account isn't bringing "Hacking" into the forum. Or at least it wasn't my intent, I just wanted people to be able to contact me on both forums. But thanks for the help, I totally understand ;)
(02-07-2012, 12:11 AM)Listen Wrote: Yes that makes perfect sense. Although, posting a link to my HF account isn't bringing "Hacking" into the forum. Or at least it wasn't my intent, I just wanted people to be able to contact me on both forums. But thanks for the help, I totally understand ;)

Did you actually read rule #7 in full? Huh

Quote:7. No illegal posts involving fraud, hacking tutorials or other harmful illegal activity. This includes linking to sites with such content.
welcome mate...hve a nice stay
(02-07-2012, 12:28 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: Did you actually read rule #7 in full? Huh

Quote:7. No illegal posts involving fraud, hacking tutorials or other harmful illegal activity. This includes linking to sites with such content.
Yes I did read it in full. I understand how my link violated it. All I was saying is it wasn't my intent. I wanted users of this forum to be able to click on it and see who I was on HF. It wasn't my intent to "link" hacking material.
if you read the rules then Great..you will do good here
Welcome to the forums Big Grin
Hope you have a good stay Big Grin
A developer, thinker & bliss guy that tries his hardest to enjoy life ~~~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intro venus 0 381 02-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Last Post: venus
  My Intro Owleyed.Louu 2 535 10-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Last Post: John.
  intro Predator 6 1,617 07-10-2011, 04:09 AM
Last Post: Anon