Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C++ Project [In Development] - Quick Preview Available!
[Image: ihJfRLD8DNyvI.gif]

Here's what i've got so far for the visual, with the animations, still working on the actual functionality though, but it's just going to be a general desktop application for ease of use on common windows tasks.

More updates will be available at Tech.Reboot.Pro for this one.
That looks amazing. Nice work Ace!
What the fudge is it going to do? How often do you view 'System Information' to make it necessary to have a dedicated application?
I'm with King, what will it do that will make it useful?
(01-20-2012, 05:49 PM)Fragma Wrote: That looks amazing. Nice work Ace!

Thanks Fragma! main idea for this was just for the visual.

(01-20-2012, 08:15 PM)King Wrote: What the fudge is it going to do? How often do you view 'System Information' to make it necessary to have a dedicated application?

I mentioned "Common windows tasks" not system information Smile

Also, there is system information not available to those without viewing the registry or retrieving the data through written code, and that should be useful enough for a system information type program, but that's not essentially what I wanted to do directly with this one. And I also put more focus on the visual. This application was a tester for the animation and visual for the most part. That's why I released this quick preview before I even started writing the functionality code.

Edit: On a sidenote, i've already written an advanced system information retrieving program, that gives far more outlined information than the general System Information area from the start menu.

(01-20-2012, 08:38 PM)Laugh Wrote: I'm with King, what will it do that will make it useful?

*See above response in this post*
Did you do the animation by hand, or did you use a library?
I learned from a Windows project off MSDN for how they set up the basic animation for maximizing/minimizing, and movement, and looked at a few realtime applications that i've seen in their demos to try and recreate it. I had trouble with the control movement at first, so that's more their code after I gave up, but sizing is "my" animation, modified based on examples provided by Microsoft. Guided by various Youtube tutorials though I also found out about using MFC applications, which are pretty amazing.

More about MFC applications here: http://10rem.net/blog/2010/03/25/your-fi...tudio-2010

Not perfect though, i've been stuck as for some reason my method seems to glitch when I have a background image set on the form. If it's just a windows form color though then the animation doesn't glitch...
Dam that looks awesome i can't wait until you finish it.
This sounds nice i am go in to try this
It looks amazing! I would love to test it myself Smile Please keep us informed when you complete with this.
[Image: IYOy9.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [C++] Xitanium Preview - In Development (Coded by AceInfinity) AceInfinity 2 1,034 01-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity