Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Save Battery Life on Any Mobile Device!
First off this is a very simple tut today
When ever you are not using your Phone you Should "Turn off" Wifi, located in the Settings. "Clear" your ram, and exit out of all applications

This should save you about 1-2Hours of battery life

1)Stop searching for a signal:When you are in an area with poor or no signal, your phone will constantly look for a better connection, and will use up all your power doing so.

2)Follow the method of full charge and full discharge. Don’t put your phone on charging when there is the battery remaining it for another few hours unless it’s very important.

3)Switch the vibrate function off on your phone, using just the ring tone.
4)Turn off your phone's back light.
5)Avoid using unnecessary features.
6)Turn off Bluetooth. It will drain your battery very quickly.

IT Support Services London
Hmm, do you think turning my WiFi off and Bluetooth off with also help battery life on my BlackBerry? I only got it today and it nearly ran out of battery. Maybe because I was browsing YouTube on the WiFi for a few hours, lol.
Turnning off WiFi is the best thing, even if your phone is "Locked" it still use's battery to maintain the Network.
So it might work. Also Bluetooth is a big power waster, only use it when you are Actually using it Big Grin
WiFi does take up lots of battery power. If I turn my iPod over to Airplane mode (no WiFi) then my battery lasts a day longer, that's how significant it is.
Okay, so it works on all device's! Thanks for trying on the Ipod!
No, I just figured it out from before, because in my iPod 4 my batter would last for maybe 2 hours before it went dead. First time I ever bought an iPod too so I was wondering why the heck it was so crappy lol. Then I heard from a friend that they turn their WiFi off to extend their phone battery, and I tired the same on my iPod, and it returned the same results.

WiFi is a continuous check though for internet connection, I think for the iPod that I have it checks every 5 seconds. So that's a big waste of battery just for that check if you're not using the internet, or you don't have one to connect to anyway.
This is one of the little features I love on my Xoom when the screen is locked the wifi disconnects automatically. It does come in handy if you're as forgetful as me.
That can help, whats the name of the app?
I have heard of this before it does work, nice short tutorial.
Yes this does work, I do it every day. Heres my Test
When im in bed i watch about 1Hour of videos off of youtube, and don't turn off wiFi when im done. The Battery is drained to 35%

When i do the same thing, but Turn off WiFi i wen down to a 85-90%

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Enable Userscripts on a Jailbroken Device xadamxk 4 1,837 10-11-2014, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Grin
  Does putting your phone battery in the fridge make it better? Starbreak 1 2,608 03-07-2012, 07:15 AM
Last Post: TalishHF
  [Tutorial] How to Jailbreak Any Apple Device! Deltron 48 16,874 02-17-2012, 06:36 AM
Last Post: ven0m
  Which Cell/Mobile Phone Are You using Now? Shadaw 57 12,971 12-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Last Post: User Bars
  Which mobile to buy? Jinu 13 1,871 11-27-2011, 04:20 PM
Last Post: n00bikscube