Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Host Name To IP
No offence in anyway, but why would you post something simple like this without the source?
(01-19-2012, 05:24 PM)Fragma Wrote: To be honest I rarely post virus scans unless it's a program that I've spent a long time working on.. Too much effort and I'm extremely lazy. Then again, I don't really release programs unless its something I've spent ages on.

Ace, although I agree that virus scans should be posted, you've kind of set off a line of dominoes in regards to all replies after your post lol. The topic is no longer about BreShie's program, and is about the fact that he didn't post a virus scan..
Let's just keep the thread on-topic guys. If you don't trust BreShie then don't download it.

Touche, Smile If I see it though I'll usually try to direct things back on track, I got into a better habit of enforcing on-topic content through running my forum.

And now's where the magic comes in lol.

Breshie, I would also agree though that you could post a source at the least.. Someone could help you out on how to improve such a simple application as well for your own benefit.

Whether you use a website for example, or a shell command line.
(01-19-2012, 07:28 PM)RDCA Wrote: No offence in anyway, but why would you post something simple like this without the source?

If you read the post you would know it was just to test a theme. Also, why wouls I post the source to something so simple.
(01-20-2012, 12:09 AM)BreShiE Wrote: If you read the post you would know it was just to test a theme. Also, why wouls I post the source to something so simple.

For exactly what AceInfinity posted above. To compare how you did it, with how we would do it. Or perhaps show you a simpler way, or even a harder way. Even to the most simple thing there is a hundred ways to do it.
(01-20-2012, 04:49 AM)RDCA Wrote: For exactly what AceInfinity posted above. To compare how you did it, with how we would do it. Or perhaps show you a simpler way, or even a harder way. Even to the most simple thing there is a hundred ways to do it.

I honestly don't get why you all are trying to get me to do things I don't want to. Fair enough that's how YOU do it, but not me. I do things my way, and I'm not going to change it because a few people don't like how I do things, simple.

My Way Or The Highway
This thread is going off topic... oy vey.
On topic: there's tons of web based solutions to the program you made, Breshie. Out of anything, why choose this category? I know it was only to test a theme but still.
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
(01-20-2012, 11:05 AM)D3xus Wrote: This thread is going off topic... oy vey.
On topic: there's tons of web based solutions to the program you made, Breshie. Out of anything, why choose this category? I know it was only to test a theme but still.

Because it was only to test the theme, lol. What more do you need to test a theme than a few text boxes, lables and buttons? xD I thought it was perfectly suited.
I am done posting on your threads and all of your future threads right now. My post might even be deleted but, that is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard. You refuse to share your work for no real reason other then "that is how I do it". Which is not only affecting new people, but you. We are trying to help you, and more importantly the community, by providing good discussion. But you refuse to let us do that.

You stand in the way of futuring this forum is so many ways. The fact that you lead the programming group is not even a joke, it is ironic. The point of it is to generate good community content, but you completely standing in the way of it, with no real reasoning as to why. Which makes me come to assumptions that may be wrong, but they might not be. Which is that you don't know how to code. That though is not the point, you are just basically denying the community good discussion. Imo (and many many others as well) this is the way it should have went:

You make a simple-ish app. Post a topic with the source, some other coders and newbies come by. The more advanced one critique the way you did it, and say or provide code on how they would have done it, or possible other ways to do it, sometimes with code, sometimes not. Then other coders comment on that and say what they know. Debate for a bit and then the newbies come along, read and learn, ask some questions and the coders answer it. Which usually leads to more comments, and everyone learns. That is how you know the community is strong. But you refuse to change any of your ways. What are you going to do when your boss or team leader says not do it that way, are you going to tell him "My way or the highway."? Hell no, you will make the changed to how he wants, and maybe you can show him something as well on the way.

Anyway that is what I think, don't reply to this though if you only have something else ignorant and non constructive to say. Once you learn to take criticism and learn, then maybe I will post on your topics again, but till then. Vale.
(01-20-2012, 01:58 PM)RDCA Wrote: Once you learn to take criticism and learn, then maybe I will post on your topics again, but till then. Vale.

I better not 'learn to take criticism and learn' then, as I don't want to posting on my threads, never have. I've never liked you, on any forum. I believe you're a loud mouthed american whom believes everything should be done in a "correct manner" and not be themselves. You also mention how it would benefit the forum if I was to do it the way YOU wanted. Even if I did like you, why would I listen? You probably visit the forum once a month and never contribute and always criticise. I refuse to be a product or a brand. I'm a HUMAN. I'm not employed under SF, I am here under my own free will, so yes, My Way Or The Highway in my threads. You keep doing what you do, and I'll keep doing what I do.
(01-20-2012, 05:11 PM)BreShiE Wrote: I better not 'learn to take criticism and learn' then, as I don't want to posting on my threads, never have. I've never liked you, on any forum. I believe you're a loud mouthed american whom believes everything should be done in a "correct manner" and not be themselves. You also mention how it would benefit the forum if I was to do it the way YOU wanted. Even if I did like you, why would I listen? You probably visit the forum once a month and never contribute and always criticise. I refuse to be a product or a brand. I'm a HUMAN. I'm not employed under SF, I am here under my own free will, so yes, My Way Or The Highway in my threads. You keep doing what you do, and I'll keep doing what I do.

Wow, I just lost all respect for you. Note, there was little to none to being with. A loud mouthed American? What a generalization there, buddy. Your personal conflicts with the member has nothing to do with his points.

RDCA is 100% correct. You're the leader of the Coders group, act like it. It is one thing to be the leader and not be able to code...but it is another to harm the forum's growth and activity by being as ignorant and stubborn as you are now. No one is treating you like a product or brand, that doesn't make a glimmer of sense. We're telling you why you should post virus scans and sources with your "programs." Stop acting like it is a big deal.