Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to make a nice shine effect in photoshop
[Image: isTgA.png]
First off all you need to create a 400x160 (Your opinion on size)
[Image: tvcLN.png]

I am using the background colour of hf wich is: #33. Now use a nice font, a fat font always make the shine effect look better.
[Image: Outln.png]

Now click on "Window>Animation" And you will have the animation bar like below.
[Image: b11d3f5153964ddb87ca18d.png]
[Image: 4by66.png]

Make a new layer and select the brush tool and find a lighter colour of your choosen colour (Blue for me)
[Image: C5uso.png]

Now move the blue dot to the left side of the text.
When that is done make a new layer on the animation bar.
[Image: qjDki.png]

On the second layer in the animation bar move the blue dot all the way to the right side of the text. And now you should make around 50-60 frames to it by clicking here.
Make sure you select the first layer in the animation bar before you make the frames
[Image: uYWeg.png]

Now you need to make the dot "inside" the text, to do that you need to click layer 2 and then hold ALT and click on the text layer.
[Image: 6JIMQ.png]

Thanks for reading and this is my outcome

[Image: XY3Rh.gif]

Looks nice, but pretty obviously copied over from HF lol. Doesn't mean it's bad though, it's a good tutorial for users getting used to clipping masks which are very useful. Instead of a spotlight, you could also make it an angled bar to sweep across the text if you wanted. I think that also looks good for this kind of effect.
If anyone is capable of making one of these for me please pm me! You will be rewarded!
[Image: image.php]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate My Sig & CHAOS effect Intro 57 13,209 03-04-2014, 09:22 PM
Last Post: pjforum
  Photoshop - Animated Text Shine Tutorial courage 28 8,860 01-27-2014, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Diabolic
  Lighting effect [tutorial] Oldskool. 23 4,845 04-18-2013, 08:26 AM
Last Post: patrick001
  [Tutorial] Photoshop Movie Effect Snow. 12 2,933 10-14-2012, 10:41 PM
Last Post: angel.carry
  Sync's GFX Tutorials - Animated Shine Effect Endless™ 13 2,633 03-24-2012, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Divine