Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help!
Hello,

Just re installed my old laptop. But I forgot to save a very important file. Is there anything to do so I can get my file back?
There are ways...
However, the "junk" record could easy already be replaced by a new record, since you've re-installed the system, the chance of recovering that file has droped drastically, you can try however...
Google
You can use a program called Recuva, which is great, but if you've lost your file for quite some time, and you've been USING your computer over that period of time, the longer you let that go, the chances of getting that file back become less and less.

Data from deleted files still exists on your computer, but as time goes on that data gets replaced by newer data from newly created files and information as you use your computer. So really when you go to your hard drive properties, that information is fake, it's more of pseudo-statistical information because they know that you'll never be needing that information right away to occupy it, that hidden data in the background doesn't exist because it can become replaced at any time. Programs that recover permanently "deleted" files out there take that data and in essence recompile it's information into something usable based on the instructions given.

Edit: Re-installed? Ouch, the truth here is going to come difficult to you. Chances of recovering that file are almost nothing. The majority of that data is probably long gone, and what's left of it from the reformat (i'm assuming you reformatted) are probably very minimal.
Well, thanks for the tips. The program couldn't recover the file, so its lost. Thanks for your help guys, i really appreciated it.
There was probably still data there, but so little of it was leftover that the recovered file most probably would have been corrupted/invalid or missing parts anyways.
Oh dear, you do not need to worry. It happens in our daily life. I also faced that kind of problem.
There is a way to solve the problem.I am giving you a link. Please go there and read the information.I am sure it will help you because i got help from that.

http://www.techyv.com/questions/how-reco...-disk-data
Very weird he posts as a first post. I would recommend maybe checking out the product but can't guarantee anything.
A developer, thinker & bliss guy that tries his hardest to enjoy life ~~~
I want to ask something please can you help me
??