Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleaning LCD Screen
I need to clean my computer's screen but the rag that they gave me when I bought it (the ones you use to clean glasses) does not work. The problem is that a lot of my family members eat their dinner in from of the screen and for example, when someone eats a soup, the contents splash on the screen and dry up as a hard crust. It's really nasty and requires some scratching to remove but I don't want to touch the LCD screen since I heard that can damage it.

Any suggestions?
There are many good LCD Screen cleaners out. Try those.
Just use a soft dry cloth, (don't wet it) and wipe your screen. DO NOT press on the screen to try to get marks out, any kind of pressure can damage pixels on the screen and don't forget to make sure the monitor is off when doing so.

Edit: Something like a microfiber cloth.
Just buy one of these LCD cleaner kit should be enough.
(01-14-2012, 04:15 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: Just use a soft dry cloth, (don't wet it) and wipe your screen. DO NOT press on the screen to try to get marks out, any kind of pressure can damage pixels on the screen and don't forget to make sure the monitor is off when doing so.

Edit: Something like a microfiber cloth.

I tried with a microfiber clothes but it did not work. I absolutely need some type of chemical to release the hold on my screen. It's sticky food residue.
Compressed air may be an alternative if residues gets right in the cracks where you can't reach it. There are also detergent lcd cleaners out there that help with this problem. Contrary to what is said you CAN wipe your screen with liquids - like a water and alcohol mixture. Make sure a microfibre or anti-static cloth is damp but NOT DRIPPING. Then dry the screen after you have wiped it down.
I would suggest purchasing a product like the following >Here< as using many other forms of soft cloths or other forms of abrasives could result in scratches or effect the lcd inside your screen
If you are still having a problem with this , I used this from PCworld , It really helped.
I know what you mean about the splashes those can be a real pain if the harden and leave its "footprint" on the screen.

Thats what worked for me.
(01-17-2012, 02:31 AM)ÜB3R Wrote: I would suggest purchasing a product like the following >Here< as using many other forms of soft cloths or other forms of abrasives could result in scratches or effect the lcd inside your screen

This one was good for me but I couldn't find it on EBay Canada for that cheap and I only have 3.00$ CDN
I usually just use a really soft shirt lol. It works fine for me. Do you have a stain or something?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resolution for 32" LCD TV MatseN1 2 626 08-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Last Post: THe PHOENiX
  Building a tower or just cleaning one. DAMINK™ 17 3,161 11-06-2009, 07:08 AM
Last Post: B@nNeD