Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
An alternative Rep system
I wonder if just removing the ability to see leave comments in reps would work.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(11-02-2009, 11:13 AM)Omniscient Wrote: I wonder if just removing the ability to see leave comments in reps would work.

Or remove the system altogether and get a thanks system.
(11-02-2009, 11:13 AM)Omniscient Wrote: I wonder if just removing the ability to see leave comments in reps would work.

That would help and I think all reps should be anonymous and it should only display a median of the ratings rather than a numeric value, for example give people the option of rating -5 to +5 and it shows the median of these ratings. A mean would also work if it was easier to implement.
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]
I love Whirlpool and the whole aura system.
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies
I think it should be removed, it's not necessary. I have it disabled on my forum.

(11-02-2009, 08:57 PM)Tim Wrote: That would help and I think all reps should be anonymous and it should only display a median of the ratings rather than a numeric value, for example give people the option of rating -5 to +5 and it shows the median of these ratings. A mean would also work if it was easier to implement.

Anymore than 1 rep would cause more issues and you'd be making a new thread about it.

And why should rep be all anonymous? What's the point? IMHO if you're not man enough to leave your name there than you shouldn't be using rep anyway. I disregard all rep from anonymous when making my views on a member.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
(11-04-2009, 04:18 AM)Grizzly Wrote: And why should rep be all anonymous? What's the point? IMHO if you're not man enough to leave your name there than you shouldn't be using rep anyway. I disregard all rep from anonymous when making my views on a member.

Hat goes off to you sir.
Could not agree more mate.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(11-04-2009, 04:18 AM)Grizzly Wrote: Anymore than 1 rep would cause more issues and you'd be making a new thread about it.

Well how about you just have the + and - but use percentages of good to bad to come to a rank or average.

(11-04-2009, 04:18 AM)Grizzly Wrote: And why should rep be all anonymous? What's the point? IMHO if you're not man enough to leave your name there than you shouldn't be using rep anyway. I disregard all rep from anonymous when making my views on a member.

The problem is some members are not mature enough to take a rep without leaving another - in revenge and the impression I got from the mods is that is was Ok because it's suppose to represent the opinion of the user and in that case it does even though the opinion has been effected by the - rep they left.

IMO. All reps should be anonymous and a written rating should be displayed, not a numeric one.
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]
Anonymous is cowardly IMHO period.

This is the key to what makes the rep system fail IMHO.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(11-02-2009, 08:04 AM)SF Phantom Wrote: I really like your new sig, who made it?

By the way. i dont like this rep system.

I have the guys msn, if you pm me i'll give you it.

Ontopic: i think removing the comments will stop alot if not all of the reputation abuse.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neutral rep giving error? D3xus 7 1,402 10-18-2011, 12:08 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  we are allowed to ask for rep? +devilpsn 15 2,922 09-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Add "don't ask for rep" in the rules. Elektrisk 13 5,156 08-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Why is there a star next to the negative rep number? Annuit Coeptis 1 795 08-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Jamieee
  Rep Patrick 4 1,076 07-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Injection