Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
An alternative Rep system
I would just like to give Omni a link to another forum who has a custom Rep like system that works really well. I know its not possible with default MyBB functionality but it works very well so a plugin for this would be very popular.

Basically all reps are anonymous and they are averaged to give an Aura, not a number value, take a look their Wiki documentation on the system.

(some of you may know this forum, its quite a large Australian forum)

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/?tag=WP_Aura
http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/?tag=WP_SmileySystem
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]
I would like it if rep was removed all together, like HF was for a while. Or revert back to the positive neutral system,
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
Well the thing is, if a median value was taken and only that was displayed it would work because then it wouldn't matter if there were a few strays.
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]
I think this is a good idea!
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
I would prefer to see the rep system like VB has, and I wish it was that way. However, all these threads about rep do nothing other than bring attention to the rep system. As I've stated before, once all the little kids get banned/bored and we start getting more mature members, things will die down a lot (rep system wise). Rep doesn't mean anything, it's just a number. If you really care about a little reputation point on an internet forum from someone you will never meat that probably lives in a different country than you, then you really need to re-evaluate your priorities.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
(11-02-2009, 12:26 AM)Grizzly Wrote: I would prefer to see the rep system like VB has, and I wish it was that way. However, all these threads about rep do nothing other than bring attention to the rep system. As I've stated before, once all the little kids get banned/bored and we start getting more mature members, things will die down a lot (rep system wise). Rep doesn't mean anything, it's just a number. If you really care about a little reputation point on an internet forum from someone you will never meat that probably lives in a different country than you, then you really need to re-evaluate your priorities.

Good post. I agree.
But to be totally honest i think it is still getting abused (the rep system) and i feel scrapping it would be best.
For me i have always liked the thanks option. Giving thanks for specific threads or posts. But either way it all can be screwed with i guess.
Must admit though the rep system has given me a few giggles i otherwise would not have had so i guess thats a plus.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I wouldn't mind it either. It shows who knows more and is more likely to help then someone just randomly post things to get a high post count. I believe it would be worth doing.
[Image: fade-Signature.gif]
-Thanks Extasey Thumbsup
I think the Thanks option would be best, because then we can see if they are a decent member or not, better than the rep system i'd say but that's just my 2cents.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
...fudge.

I didn't mean it to go this far...

I was just being impatient because I couldn't access my private messages.
(11-02-2009, 12:20 AM)Codine Wrote: I think this is a good idea!

I really like your new sig, who made it?

By the way. i dont like this rep system.
[Image: wwsigcopy.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neutral rep giving error? D3xus 7 1,402 10-18-2011, 12:08 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  we are allowed to ask for rep? +devilpsn 15 2,922 09-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Add "don't ask for rep" in the rules. Elektrisk 13 5,167 08-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Why is there a star next to the negative rep number? Annuit Coeptis 1 796 08-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Jamieee
  Rep Patrick 4 1,076 07-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Injection