Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
External Battery Charger
Hello, I have a problem with my laptop. In the side of it where you insert the charger, the plastic part which holds metal prongs together in order to charge the battery has snapped off and I no longer have it, I had eventually made a substitute by using a plastic piece from a pen to make it charge. I know I could just get my laptop fixed but the stores around where I live are no good and take advantage of their customers and end up ripping people off and creating more problems... so I'm going to find an individual to fix it, plus it will be cheaper... but this isn't the problem.

I've looked into purchasing an external battery charger, I only found one website online that sells the one that I need although I don't know if the website is legitimate.
Website URL: http://store.jcbarn.com/3081684.html

Since I am unfamiliar with the website I am unsure whether or not to buy it from there and I am wondering if these types of chargers are sold in computer stores as well. If I do buy this charger, I'll be buying another battery.

So, has anyone else used an external battery charger?
Do you think that this website is legit?
I'm going to do some research and read reviews if I can find some.

Thanks. Smile

I have also found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/External-Batte...1477wt_905 since this is from ebay it sounds a little safer to me..
I personally suggesting repairing the computer yourself, but yes computer stores do sell those. But it sort of defeats the purpose of a laptop.
(01-08-2012, 08:18 PM)Laugh Wrote: I personally suggesting repairing the computer yourself, but yes computer stores do sell those. But it sort of defeats the purpose of a laptop.

Yeah I'm going to try and do it myself before I give it over to anyone else because I know what to do with it I guess. And I'm glad.
Thanks for your response.
I personally suggesting repairing the computer yourself, but yes computer stores do sell those. But it sort of defeats the purpose of a laptop.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [TRICK] Seven Tips for Better Notebook Battery Life zone 29 6,472 05-02-2011, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Mark Webber
  Can I get more battery life on the acer aspire 380? nevets04 10 2,693 11-30-2009, 07:40 PM
Last Post: D3N
  "Increase Battery Life of Laptop" EXplore_System135 12 2,808 11-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Last Post: deathpwnz