Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaming/Rendering Computer on a Budget
I would buy from newegg if they could. Ridiculously low prices - too bad they don't ship overseas.

Rendering would definitely need a significantly decent graphics card (I'd recommend NVIDIA) and at least 8MB of DDR3 RAM. CPU isn't as important as those two components but it is still critical.
The CPU is used to render videos from video editing software therefore it's crucial. I recommend an i5 or i7 chip ending with "K" for overclocking. ex: 2500K/2600K
Thanks Thomas, for making the thread.. We're looking for pretty much the same type of PC, and thanks everyone for the replies to the thread. It helped me out a bit.

Make sure you have a good CPU thats vital
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Plt5

It could be a little better, but that's what I came up with in 1 minute.
PCPartpicker is a decent site, although if you ever want to view a wide array of technology components and things of the like, I suggest the site Newegg or TigerDirect. The two most prolific video-card manufacturers in contemporary society are Nvidia and AMD; which company you decide to ultimately go with is up to personal preference, although it is said that AMD CPUs tend to work much smoother with an ATI (purchased out and now apart of "AMD") graphic-cards, rather than with Nvidia ones. The same goes for Intel CPUs (central processing units) and Nvidia cards. Of course, there are options to use on-board graphics, i.e, the graphical unit that comes with your motherboard, if any (albeit most modern motherboards come with such units), although they hardly offer the advanced cooling and graphical output as separately-sold cards.

RAM (random access memory) goes in slots that are within the motherboard, and in most modern motherboards they are constructed to use dual-channel, i.e, an actual pair of RAM modules. They may come in 2GB, 4GB, or even 8GB, although the higher amount is typically better; there is one other prime factor with RAM, however, called "DDR" (double data rate). The most modern DDR version is DDR3, which is what I suggest you go with. Unlike video-cards, it will always be mandatory to have at least one installed RAM module.
Q: Do you need a monitor? Keyboard? Mouse? OS?
I've compiled a list of possible builds for you: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rx-P...sp=sharing

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  $3,000 Compuet Budget. X-SiiZZLE 17 2,862 08-03-2013, 11:44 PM
Last Post: #Skyline
  Desktop for gaming, recording and rendering? focusfrenzy 3 1,115 08-03-2013, 11:44 PM
Last Post: #Skyline
  New build 900$/600£ budget ÜB3R 5 1,711 02-24-2013, 06:55 AM
Last Post: illest