Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing Linux Mint Debian- advice?
Ready to power up my machine tonight and test Linux Mint Debian Xfce, or should I try one of the many other distros? We will soon find out. I would like to hear a basic description of how to install Linux Mint Debian. I am still fairly new to Linux. I struggled with Ubuntu only because it was on a netbook. Still I am a Linux fan. This will now be on a PC.

If someone could give me a quick break down of the installation. Such as for Ubuntu it is easy to understand as>

1. Ubuntudownload
2. PentestLinux.com
3. Download onto 8GB flashdrive
4. Restart computer
5. Boot into BIOS
6. Set Sandisk at the top
7. Exit BIOS
8. Install Ubuntu

If I remember right this is how installing Ubuntu went basically.

I tried watching a video on Youtube, but they were on virtual machines I think except for one, but I would like to hear your advice as well.
Certified Counselor
'*> PM here <*'
It's as easy as:

1) Download ISO
2) Burn to CD
3) On boot, access the boot menu and select to boot from CD drive OR change the boot order to boot from CD device and restart
4) Load into Linux Mint
5) Install while on the Linux desktop

If you want it on a USB though, and you're not dualbooting, then i'd recommend a program called LiLi.
(01-07-2012, 09:10 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: It's as easy as:

1) Download ISO
2) Burn to CD
3) On boot, access the boot menu and select to boot from CD drive OR change the boot order to boot from CD device and restart
4) Load into Linux Mint
5) Install while on the Linux desktop

If you want it on a USB though, and you're not dualbooting, then i'd recommend a program called LiLi.

Alright, thanks. So I just use LiLi to put Linux Mint on a usb? Just like that, swith over to my PC for the new OS and install. i thought it was more complicated.
Certified Counselor
'*> PM here <*'
(01-07-2012, 09:13 PM)iDiDiT Wrote: Alright, thanks. So I just use LiLi to put Linux Mint on a usb? Just like that, swith over to my PC for the new OS and install. i thought it was more complicated.

No, LiLi is a program that installs a live boot version directly on your USB. (Installs on your USB)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Linux Mint Sound Problem ZeroBit 0 783 01-11-2016, 09:51 AM
Last Post: ZeroBit
  Installing NVIDIA driver on UBUNTU dblkickflip720 1 1,719 07-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Last Post: 'Snorlax
  Burning Linux Mint to USB Drive. BreShiE 8 4,675 06-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Last Post: eiqhtworks
  Installing Java On Backtrack 5 Neal Caffrey 3 12,203 06-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Last Post: eiqhtworks
  Help Bridging on Linux Mint 11 BreShiE 0 2,085 10-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Last Post: BreShiE