Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RuneMoz RuneScape Forums - NEW!
(01-06-2012, 10:11 AM)DazedBots Wrote: Well the purpose of creating these sections was that we could expand the forums, so we also appeal to Non runescape posters. I will keep them on there for now, as enough content is posted there, and we will see how it go's.

You're not taking advice, I guess it's up to you how you want to run your site, but you'll see eventually why we tried to warn you. Give it a week to a months time.

You should be planning for expansion later, not right off the bat
Not bad, although I've seen MANY Runescape forums, this seems to have a pretty good theme and a decent community for a recently founded website.

On the other hand, I suggest that you remove some of the sections that are more broad such as console gaming etc... as they do not really relate to Runescape. The rest is fairly decent, I will sign up and post a bit I guess.
Alright guys, I have decided to follow your advice, and I have removed all the sections that don't have to do anything with rs, except for the Graphics section. I hope this will stimulate users to post, and to get the forum more active.
I might be joining this forum. I love Rs
Still too many in my opinion.
Sections that aren't needed:
RuneScape Giveaways & Contests
RuneMoz Elite General
RuneMoz Elite Guides & Tutorials
RuneMoz Elite Marketplace
RuneMoz Elite Giveaways
Graphic Tutorials
Request A Graphic
Graphic Service's

For the Marketplace, just have it all in one section for now where people can buy, sell and trade all in one place. Expand it later when necessary. For the Graphics section, again just have one section for all graphics related topics.

And you don't need an upgrade option just yet. Get more members before allowing them to upgrade.
Oh and I'd remove the ads. Don't try making a profit until you have a reasonable sized community.
No, The upgrade function and its section will definately stay. Graphic Service's has been removed, Other Graphic sections will stay because my co-admin will post a lot of tutorials soon. Giveaways Will also stay, because we plan to have a lot of contests and giveaways to get more posters, and active users.

Thanks for your input and tips so far mate, that are definately helping me! Smile
The next thing I suggest doing, is adding tabbed menu's, most successful MyBB forums have them and the plugin can be downloaded at Omniscient's www.mybbcentral.com for a one time subscription free of $10. As I see, you have "MyAwards" meaning you have a subscription there, tabbed menus may only look good on your forum if you have more sections, its up to you. Ficons is another option you could try, if you remove the "on.gif" "off.gif" "offlock.gif" from beside the topic names, you can add custom images there instead. This can also be purchased at Omniscient's website mentioned above.
Yeah I already have a subscription on mybbcentral. When I have more sections on my forum I will add those tabs, but for now the forum can do perfectly without them. I was thinking about removing the new posts icons, but that will make it hard to see if there are new posts, which would mean I have to go through each section of the forum multiple time's a day to see if there are new posts. I might add this later, if I have found a solution to the earlier mentioned problem.

Thanks for your suggestions, hope to see you as a member on RuneMoz soon!
(01-06-2012, 12:08 PM)Elite User Wrote: I might be joining this forum. I love Rs

We would love to see you joining our community!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Runescape Forum Pompano 66 19,072 01-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Pompano
  RuneMoz - Runescape Forums - New Community! DazedBots 0 645 12-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Last Post: DazedBots
  RuneDeals.com - Runescape Community & Gaming Market HeyDev 22 2,445 08-14-2011, 06:51 PM
Last Post: HeyDev
  RuneScapers - RuneScape Forums | Exchange forum points for RS Gold! Renegader 17 2,835 06-04-2011, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Laughynose
  Runescape Forums - Clean - New - Great members! Carbon 17 3,744 01-09-2011, 01:39 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity