Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Hello, I'm Yellows
(01-05-2012, 05:08 PM)Yellows Wrote: I was PMed by Staff here and was told to stop posting with right align. When I questioned him whether or not it was a rule, he stated it wasn't (Which is true, obviously), yet threatened to revoke my privileges of obtaining the support feather on HF. I've PMed Omni asking if I'm eligible, and he has stated that I'm not. I followed all rules, etc. I fear that the Staff member de-authorized me so that I could not obtain the feather, which is a poor thing to do considering I've not right aligned a single post since his first PM.

That isn't fair. Although I don't think there's anything you can do about it. Unsure I'm sorry that happened.
(01-05-2012, 05:17 PM)Cykn Wrote: That isn't fair. Although I don't think there's anything you can do about it. Unsure I'm sorry that happened.

I'm pretty sure you joined before the update though, so you should be fine if you PM Sam about this.
(01-05-2012, 06:00 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: I'm pretty sure you joined before the update though, so you should be fine if you PM Sam about this.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're trying to say.

(01-05-2012, 06:05 PM)Yellows Wrote:

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're trying to say.

I joined more than a year ago (Friday, September 24th, 2010)

Now for example, if I never received the feather, yet I was already at 4000 some odd posts which is what i'm at now, I could probably still get away with being accepted for the fact that my will to get the feather and the date I joined the forum I can't change. If the rules still applied to me, then obviously I would be out of luck and would never be able to get my feather...

There has to be compensation for members that joined before this rule or new system of PMing Sam to become accepted.
(01-05-2012, 06:09 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: I joined more than a year ago (Friday, September 24th, 2010)

Now for example, if I never received the feather, yet I was already at 4000 some odd posts which is what i'm at now, I could probably still get away with being accepted for the fact that my will to get the feather and the date I joined the forum I can't change. If the rules still applied to me, then obviously I would be out of luck and would never be able to get my feather...

There has to be compensation for members that joined before this rule or new system of PMing Sam to become accepted.

Sorry, but I'm confused as to why you posted it then. I don't see how it pertains to this thread.

EDIT; Had to remove this post's right alignment and the previous b/c I posted it w/o knowing.
(01-05-2012, 06:13 PM)Yellows Wrote: Sorry, but I'm confused as to why you posted it then. I don't see how it pertains to this thread.

EDIT; Had to remove this post's right alignment and the previous b/c I posted it w/o knowing.

Ahh no, sorry, I completely misread what had been posted, and interpretted it in a way that doesn't make sense to you i'm sure now that i'm reading my reply again. I see what I did there... I thought you were talking about not having received the award yet, but for some reason my screen was on the other user's reply/post. Odd, I thought you posted that, might have been a cache issue. Huh

Completely ignore my post though, I viewed with Chrome and confirmed that I was posting the wrong words to what I had read.
Oh you joined today. Hi Yellows. I'm Grin. I'm sure you know me by now.
(01-05-2012, 06:20 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: Ahh no, sorry, I completely misread what had been posted, and interpretted it in a way that doesn't make sense to you i'm sure now that i'm reading my reply again. I see what I did there... I thought you were talking about not having received the award yet, but for some reason my screen was on the other user's reply/post. Odd, I thought you posted that, might have been a cache issue. Huh

Completely ignore my post though, I viewed with Chrome and confirmed that I was posting the wrong words to what I had read.

Haha, you silly Victoire.
It's all good mate, Big Grin.
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

EDIT; Had to do 'you know what'.

(01-05-2012, 06:22 PM)Grin Wrote: Oh you joined today. Hi Yellows. I'm Grin. I'm sure you know me by now.

I actually joined on the third, ;).
I've been having a few image caching issues with Firefox, but everything related to the way it views MyBB forums, no other websites or forums have issue with caching on Firefox (for me anyways).
It's fairly obvious the staff member in question is me. Let me take some time to explain my stance on this issue publicly. Without having to reply to PM's (Yes I stopped replying, I get quite a few PMs and felt the PM exchange wasn't going anywhere)

Others users (including myself) are a tad annoyed that you right align all of your posts. From my point of view it is of course pointless, stupid and has no effect on your post but making it hard to read.

There is really no need to post like this, IMO makes them look LQ and I don't want to read them.

I politely asked you via PM to stop as it's just awkward and you refused, argued the point and made it into something big, I don't know why you feel that you have to move every post to the right but I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't. (I notice now you have stopped, thank you).

Subsequently you're eligibility for the award was then revoked, causing you to be denied at the 100 mark. I wouldn't of done this if you'd just taken my request and answered back politely with reason rather than refusing and trying to find loop holes in the rules.

I apologize if this has upset you, my intention from the beginning was fair and kind, I'm sure you'll probably show a somewhat lack of disregard for myself now but I don't really care. I agreed to help Omni with this award and yes I've made several enemies. I'm looking at the bigger picture and trying to dedicate myself to SF as best I can.

In conclusion this is Support Forums, the members look out for one another. If you it find that hard to stop posting stupidly even when members ask you politely not too then you haven't got the correct attitude yet.

You'll most likely learn that in the adult world it's quite standard to work with people to keep things harmonious. It was such a simple request that took nothing away from you but made your posts easier to read for others.

As a consequence you're award was removed, hopefully you'll learn.