Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dealing with misophonia.
(01-06-2012, 12:39 PM)Pikachu Wrote: I know what you mean, I think I have a slight syndrome of this.

Some sounds are annoying and such.

I think it's a little more than that, everyone has sounds that annoy them. Sleep

OT, that sounds really horrible. But since it wasn't always that way, maybe it won't always be that way?
(01-07-2012, 06:20 AM)Fragma Wrote: That probably doesn't help the OP very much lol.

I hadn't heard of Misophonia until seeing this thread. It sounds like a tough condition to have. I'm not sure what you want from us here though, whether you want help or you were just spreading the awareness of it. Your best bet would be to contact a doctor if you haven't already.

I know, I'm just rambling on about that, because for me, being that I can tolerate pretty much any sound, and also because of the fact that i've never heard of such a thing before, it's harder for me to comprehend. I didn't even know what Misophonia was before I read this thread. I don't really have much advice to offer him anyway for that reason lol.

Edit: Apparently it's the same for you too though, I only read the first part as I replied to your quoted post.
I haven't heard of this until I read this thread. Gee, have you tried a doctor?
im in a library right now and the guy next to me keeps clicking his mouse. its so loud. even when he types it hurts. I'm so angry with him i want to flip his computer over and yell at him to leave. Right now i hate him so much. there was a girl and guy talking like they were into eachother and i just wanted to make them shut up. but they left. now this guy?? this is terrible!!! What do I do? UGH HIS STUPID COMPUTER! SOMEONE SHUT THIS GUY UP Pinch

Hi, what you described it exactly what I feel on a daily basis and I'm really quite scared and frustrated because my dad keeps telling me to get over it and/or ignore it because I cannot handle the sound of anyone eating (specifically the eating of crunchy things such as chips)

Is there any way you know of the cope with Misophonia, or simply a way to make my dad understand that I'm not just making it up?

Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dealing with Guilt / Fear KSG 0 492 09-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Last Post: KSG
  How do I help my gf dealing with loss of a friend? Condoms 13 1,840 12-14-2011, 03:40 PM
Last Post: iDiDiT
  Guide: Dealing with Bullies Jamza 36 6,352 05-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Eagle