Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connect Desktop computer to my Laptop
Hi All

Please solve my query, I have a laptop (windows Vista) that is connected to my router through wireless connection , I have my desktop computer(Windows XP) and it does not contain wireless card but it has network card and I want connect my desktop computer to my laptop and then use internet and file sharing , please suggest me how can i achieve my goal. Thanks

Regards

Muzokh
(12-31-2011, 08:41 AM)muzokh Wrote: Hi All

Please solve my query, I have a laptop (windows Vista) that is connected to my router through wireless connection , I have my desktop computer(Windows XP) and it does not contain wireless card but it has network card and I want connect my desktop computer to my laptop and then use internet and file sharing , please suggest me how can i achieve my goal. Thanks

Regards

Muzokh

Hello and welcome to Support Forums.

I'm not sure if you're actually able to bridge a connection that way. You'd need some extra hardware/cabling at the very least.

You'd be better off just setting up an Ethernet connection on your desktop. Alternatively, you could purchase a wireless dongle to connect via USB to your desktop. You will be able to use your WiFi connection that way.
Thanks for the reply, but How could I setting up an Ethernet connection on my desktop, please guide. Thanks
Just connect your desktop to the router mate.
Then map the drives and you will have file shares up.
Might need a bit of tweeking but that is all.
By connect i mean using cat5 cable from pc to router.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

If you can't be bothered sorting out the Ethernet (though, it would be your best option), just go out and get a wireless dongle. Plug it into your USB port and it'll be able to connect to your Internet wirelessly.
Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.
Also its an old thread but one i made here http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=4726
Thats missing an image or 2 but it relates to Networking much like you want to do.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Great. Thank you ver much. I really appreciate your help.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to connect this PSU?! WhiteFlame 3 822 01-12-2011, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Dexdrex007
  Computer Issues (Desktop) SYNTAX ERR0R 18 3,962 12-07-2010, 06:24 AM
Last Post: Jet