Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Torrents Downloading Extremely Slow?
(01-04-2012, 10:03 AM)MineCrack Wrote: Probably not enough people seeding it, that's why I only get better torrents (example, various programming eBooks). It could also be your internet provider.

(01-04-2012, 10:16 AM)Quizzical Wrote: Most torrents download at a reasonable speed for me, just make sure when you are choosing the torrent of the site of choice (Piratebay etc..) make sure the torrent itself has enough seeders to actually make it worth torrenting without waiting longer then normal for it to download.

If you both read the post you'd realise that it does it for ANY torrent I use.
(01-04-2012, 06:23 PM)BreShiE Wrote:
(01-04-2012, 10:16 AM)Quizzical Wrote: Most torrents download at a reasonable speed for me, just make sure when you are choosing the torrent of the site of choice (Piratebay etc..) make sure the torrent itself has enough seeders to actually make it worth torrenting without waiting longer then normal for it to download.

If you both read the post you'd realise that it does it for ANY torrent I use.

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling UTorrent? I remember on my old vista I had a short term issue like this. Also, if you had a different OS/Computer on this same connection, did it download faster?
[Image: xypfOL.png]
You should control your upload speed too! If your Uploading speed is very high then your Download speed will get slow!
[Image: 6c221674de.png]
(01-13-2012, 09:20 PM)Jinu Wrote: You should control your upload speed too! If your Uploading speed is very high then your Download speed will get slow!

No, there's no real comparative relation between upload and download speeds, it is comparative to the ratio of seeders to the peers that are downloading the file off the internet from the same source that you are downloading from because their upload speed that you're taking from has to be shared with all of it's relative downloaders.

Uploading speed has really not much to do with it. You can have high upload speed and high download speed.

Here's a prime example:
[Image: speedu.jpg]

They aren't related, they just come in the package that you pay for and what you get really.
You can use IDM to download torrents. Google.
image broken man.
but may be the torrents you are trying to download has low seeds so the speed is slow.
[Image: 3dtextven0mhf.png]
TRY BELOW TIPS

- Check seeds and peers because Always look for torrents with the best seed/peer ratio

- Disable Windows Firewall because Windows Firewall hates P2P and often leads a life of it’s own. So disable it

- Change the default port

Hera a Manual ON 10 Ways To Speed Up Torrent

LINK-www.makeuseof.com/tag/10-ways-to-speed-up-torrent-downloads/

Superman
Well since the OP says it's for every torrent at HIS house, and only torrents, but not his grandma's, it could be something wrong with his PC? It could be a virus or a firewall thing but I can't be sure...
You can try refreshing DHT to get more peers, which works for me sometimes.
Also, try forcing Protocol Encryption, since your ISP may be throttling the BitTorrent protocol without telling you.

This guide on the uTorrent website will probably be useful: http://www.utorrent.com/help/guides/connection-setup
I'm terrible with computers but I always try to help; let's give it a shot. All parts a computer can begin to fail, correct? What if the drive that it's trying to write the file to is damaged? Is it happening for other downloads as well? If not, try switching your Torrent client to Ebixa.
Quaero gloria stellarum.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boot time is fine, post login is slow. Annuit Coeptis 13 3,042 02-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity