Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Torrents Downloading Extremely Slow?
What no one seems to have mentioned is to check if your antivirus is in any way limiting how fast you are able to download the torrents.

For me personally I always had issues with AVG blocking some of the activity which would result in slower downloads.
(01-02-2012, 04:21 AM)Zangetsu Wrote: What no one seems to have mentioned is to check if your antivirus is in any way limiting how fast you are able to download the torrents.

For me personally I always had issues with AVG blocking some of the activity which would result in slower downloads.

Av wont limit bandwidth lolz
They do at times stop sites loading completely but never "limit bandwidth"
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Do you know how many seeds there are on that specific torrent? You could just be downloading low seed torrents.
(01-02-2012, 04:21 AM)Zangetsu Wrote: What no one seems to have mentioned is to check if your antivirus is in any way limiting how fast you are able to download the torrents.

That would have been your bandwidth settings on your client for your torrent downloader. It has to be optimized to fit your upload and download speeds. AV has nothing to do with it. If anything the only issue there is being firewalled from downloading anything at all.

(01-02-2012, 04:23 AM).Legacy. Wrote: Do you know how many seeds there are on that specific torrent? You could just be downloading low seed torrents.

Remember it's the seeders to peer ratio that causes slow downloads. Not just a low level of seeders. (Assuming there are any seeders though and that it's greater than 0.)
(01-02-2012, 04:27 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: Remember it's the seeders to peer ratio that causes slow downloads. Not just a low level of seeders. (Assuming there are any seeders though and that it's greater than 0.)

That's true, I forgot to include that. Thanks for clearing it up.
(01-02-2012, 02:03 AM)King Wrote: Has the issue been that the download is slow at your place and then at someone else's place, the exact same download has been fast? If we're dealing with several files here, it could just be a seeds/peers issue.

Yes, the exact same torrent on the exact same PC at a different house downloads much quicker.

That could possibly be it, but the fact that I use the same PC wherever I go to download torrents makes the fact seem irrelevant.

It's a bit quicker today for some reason, I just downloaded two albums (108MB) in the time it took me to quote/post this.
(01-02-2012, 04:37 AM)BreShiE Wrote: Yes, the exact same torrent on the exact same PC at a different house downloads much quicker.

That could possibly be it, but the fact that I use the same PC wherever I go to download torrents makes the fact seem irrelevant.

It's a bit quicker today for some reason, I just downloaded two albums (108MB) in the time it took me to quote/post this.

It's likely that your ISP might be having some issues, by the sounds of it. That or your home network was having a bad day.
(01-02-2012, 04:42 AM)King Wrote:
BreShiE Wrote:That could possibly be it, but the fact that I use the same PC wherever I go to download torrents makes the fact seem irrelevant.

It's likely that your ISP might be having some issues, by the sounds of it. That or your home network was having a bad day.

Most likely, my down/upload speed tends to fluctuate allot, so it was probably just that. But the slow downloads speeds happen frequently, it gets quite annoying if you ask me.
Probably not enough people seeding it, that's why I only get better torrents (example, various programming eBooks). It could also be your internet provider.
[Image: xypfOL.png]
Most torrents download at a reasonable speed for me, just make sure when you are choosing the torrent of the site of choice (Piratebay etc..) make sure the torrent itself has enough seeders to actually make it worth torrenting without waiting longer then normal for it to download.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boot time is fine, post login is slow. Annuit Coeptis 13 3,042 02-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity