Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
You doing much jQuery work for vBulletin?
With there new mobile suite thing i imagine that sort of coding will be very popular right now.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Welcome Jason,

It's great to have you hear. I was one of the main posters on moddingbay for a while, but it's down now. Your skills will sure come in handy at this forum. I myself am a personal fan of your work. Everything you make is always clean and well done, but also gracefully set out.

Make sure you read the RULES of the forum if you haven't already, and be sure to have a great time!

~BreShiE
(12-31-2011, 08:46 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: You doing much jQuery work for vBulletin?
With there new mobile suite thing i imagine that sort of coding will be very popular right now.

I'm not quite the fan of vBulletin. Plus their skinning system is a catastrophic mess.
(12-31-2011, 08:47 PM)Jason L. Wrote: I'm not quite the fan of vBulletin. Plus their skinning system is a catastrophic mess.

Yes! +1 for that Smile

I've tried examining the hooks for mods/plugins on Vbulletin as well, and it's quite terrible and horribly documented. Not as developed as MyBB has their system set up. It is secure though, MyBB sends %pass% and %user% variables as a plain text variant, wheras Vbulletine salts them up with an MD5 hash to the database for comparison and storage from what i've seen.
(12-31-2011, 08:43 PM)Jason L. Wrote: Username please Big Grin.

I'd rather not, for personal reasons. Oui
(12-31-2011, 08:57 PM)King Wrote: I'd rather not, for personal reasons. Oui

One day..I will find it.
(12-31-2011, 08:57 PM)King Wrote: I'd rather not, for personal reasons. Oui

http://community.mybb.com/user-29833.html

#winning
(12-31-2011, 08:47 PM)Jason L. Wrote: I'm not quite the fan of vBulletin. Plus their skinning system is a catastrophic mess.

Be that as it may its a market you could not turn down if your are wanting to earn a wage from your skills.
Given vB customers pay from the onset its feesable to assume most are willing to pay for quality work and do so.
The Rules!

(12-31-2011, 10:45 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Be that as it may its a market you could not turn down if your are wanting to earn a wage from your skills.
Given vB customers pay from the onset its feesable to assume most are willing to pay for quality work and do so.

But if you think about how little we get paid for the largest of jobs then you would understand where I'm coming from. It doesn't seem plausible to me to sit at my desk for hours on end trying to code in a software that doesn't even make sense to my brain. And my brain is filled to the top with code. Go take a look at vBulletin's style vars and tell me how fun do you think my job would be developing for that. Then take a look at MyBB. Everything is well categorized, simple to find, simple to edit and simple to understand.
I have ran mybb for years. Have mixed feelings about that.
I have now run vb for about 4 years. I honestly would not ever change now.
Some hate the acp but i love it. Complete control at your fingertips.
Sure i understand what your saying. The style vars is a nightmare. Actually any edits or mods seem to be a headache.
But as a customer not a coder i cant say a bad word about it. I find it just works and works well for that long often my biggest problem is i forget how to do certain things because of lack of need to do so.
But im really hijacking your thread here man and sorry for that.

The Rules!

(12-31-2011, 10:45 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Be that as it may its a market you could not turn down if your are wanting to earn a wage from your skills.

And on the other hand, you're reaching out to a smaller community as opposed to MyBB because the majority go with the free stuff, so even if you earn $50 for doing a job on a VBulletin forum, what if you could earn 20 downloads for a new innovative idea or plugin you created for MyBB at $3 to $5?

Currently I AM an Administrator on both a Vbulletin forum and a MyBB forum, and I would say MyBB from my going back and forth between the two. My job on the Vbulletin forum is to maintain it, so I deal with the forum on a firsthand level more than I do spending time on the forum community.