Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Force read rules
While I didn't know that was a rule till now (Thanks for informing me, I'm off to read the Docs), I believe it isn't hurting this place TOO much. As Sam said above, if it isn't actually in the Docs (yet), I don't think it's that large of a problem.

EDIT; http://www.supportforums.net/misc.php?action=help <-- Is the Docs, correct? Seems small, w/o many rules.
(01-03-2012, 08:41 PM)Yellows Wrote:
While I didn't know that was a rule till now (Thanks for informing me, I'm off to read the Docs), I believe it isn't hurting this place TOO much. As Sam said above, if it isn't actually in the Docs (yet), I don't think it's that large of a problem.

EDIT; http://www.supportforums.net/misc.php?action=help <-- Is the Docs, correct? Seems small, w/o many rules.

Actions or events that aren't mentioned in the rules or help documents can still have a negative effect on a forum. Since one of the rules here cleanly states that such illegal activity, and warez are not allowed, and sites with such content. I feel there should be no exception for HF to be allowed for discussion here, or at least links to it. They are separate forums, just run by the same person. If you need to talk about things that belong to HF and topics about HF itself, there is a forum for that, and that would be HF itself.

That's the reason why it completely baffles me as to why people feel the need they have to post about it on SF where the rules are completely opposite. Some expect the rules here to be the same as HF just because Omni runs both forums, and somehow the rules should all be the same between the two.

If we have HF-like discussion here, and don't allow any other similar sites, does that not imply the idea that the guidelines for that specific rule are a bit of a joke?

Topics about HF and content that should be on HF which gets posted here though does get locked. That's about the best that we currently do at SF though.
I think a better idea would be to make a quiz that consist of answers that are only obtained through reading the rules.
Still going for the feather that you can't get anyways?
Damn, Ace you're a ninja in reporting.
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
lol I wonder what my report count would be at by now. What the heck's wrong with this guy though? Senseless spamming.
He must have banned from hf.
You know butthurt kids.
Got a few reports in myself on this asshat.
Yea guys just another dick. Not worthy of feeding him. Just hit the button to let omni know its a thread/post to be trashed.
Not even worth quoting etc. Just more work for the big man.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

That's what I do.
But yeah, ninjas everywhere.
Talking about HF is like talking like any other forum that doesn't concern overall support.
It's not like HF should be banned and some gaming forums not, that's kinda lame.

Most of the user base came from HF, since that is where Omni advertised it.
I came from HF and I don't call myself a cavity.

Not to mention Omni himself has stated that several times, that HF is mostly a computing and tech forum, not a hacking forum. It's not what it used to be. It's mostly about Programming and tech now.

Overall I don't see a problem discussing about Omni's other boards, because they are Omni's anyway.
Is it his yugioh, xbox, hackforums or support forums, doesn't matter.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Few Ideas Regarding The Rules BreShiE 25 8,799 12-27-2019, 05:17 AM
Last Post: Howwikis
  Rules [New Members Please Read] Omniscient 261 145,178 12-23-2019, 02:24 AM
Last Post: Howwikis
  Add "don't ask for rep" in the rules. Elektrisk 13 5,137 08-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  New rules suggestion. Invincible 8 3,389 05-31-2011, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Invincible
  Is this against the rules? 0xE9 3 1,353 05-29-2011, 04:21 PM