Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storing car for winter?
(12-28-2011, 12:13 AM)AMD Wrote: IF you store it for at least 2 months it will be ok, but don't be surprise if the battery is dead.

Can I do something so it won't be dead? How would it even die if it is never in use ? lol idk?

(12-28-2011, 07:51 AM)Made Wrote: Why would you store your car will you just stay home or walk now?

cause its rwd + snow + ice = bad lol
i slip on dry leaves during warm weather. i dont want to try during winter lol
If you have another form of transportation then yes.

But if thats the only thing you have, just use it.
(12-28-2011, 05:13 PM)LancerImpact Wrote: Can I do something so it won't be dead? How would it even die if it is never in use ? lol idk?

It won't die, don't listen to him. Non
(12-28-2011, 05:24 PM)Zelda™ Wrote: If you have another form of transportation then yes.

But if thats the only thing you have, just use it.

Lol I will just take the bus and not die on the icy roads lol.
First thing - Put parking insurance on it so you're not paying full lol
(12-27-2011, 08:58 PM)LancerImpact Wrote: Hey winter is just about to hit us where I'm at (canada) and I am storing my car for winter in our backyard garage (not heated)

I have googled it before but every site says something different.

What can/should I do for storing my car in the garage durring winter?

I would prefer not to spend any money on doing this, but I guess I can set a budget of $200 for it if it is really needed.
You should take care of some facts to save your car to leave the handbrake off and remove the car battery, which i think you know. Manually turn the engine over a couple of times during this season of winter.

[Image: 4210891649.jpg]
The most important thing is, that you run it at least once or twice a week to keep it in good condition.
(12-27-2011, 08:58 PM)LancerImpact Wrote: Hey winter is just about to hit us where I'm at (canada) and I am storing my car for winter in our backyard garage (not heated)

I have googled it before but every site says something different.

What can/should I do for storing my car in the garage durring winter?

I would prefer not to spend any money on doing this, but I guess I can set a budget of $200 for it if it is really needed.

First off, You're going to want a car cover and even after you put the car cover on cover your car with a tarp. Make sure you put a plastic bag over you altinator and air/cold air intake. everything else should be A ok. When you come back to your car after winter it may not start up right away you may have to jump it or just turn the key a few times. Syphen your gas out because it may fudge up your fuel injector or pump as iv heard stories of that happening or you could have a full tank and use a fuel stabilizer. If i were you I would wrap my rims with little tarps just to be safe. You may also want to park it onto of some sort of sheet of wood or else youll for ever have 4 tire marks in your yard. Make sure you clean your interior and I would put towels over your seats if they're leather because iv heard it helps stop tear(I'm not 100% sure about that its just what iv'e heard but it cant hurt right?) Thats all i can think of at the moment. Pm me for further questions.

- I'm a mechanic.

(01-05-2012, 09:37 PM)Smellz-like-chr0n Wrote: First off, You're going to want a car cover and even after you put the car cover on cover your car with a tarp. Make sure you put a plastic bag over you altinator and air/cold air intake. everything else should be A ok. When you come back to your car after winter it may not start up right away you may have to jump it or just turn the key a few times. Syphen your gas out because it may fudge up your fuel injector or pump as iv heard stories of that happening or you could have a full tank and use a fuel stabilizer. If i were you I would wrap my rims with little tarps just to be safe. You may also want to park it onto of some sort of sheet of wood or else youll for ever have 4 tire marks in your yard. Make sure you clean your interior and I would put towels over your seats if they're leather because iv heard it helps stop tear(I'm not 100% sure about that its just what iv'e heard but it cant hurt right?) Thats all i can think of at the moment. Pm me for further questions.

- I'm a mechanic.

Should I turn the engine on like once or twice a week to let it run like a user commented above?
I think it's a good idea to do that if you want to take the time to do so. It keeps the fuel mixture nice and mixed and make sure that it doesn't just gum up inside your engine.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is your Favorite Dream Car Dcrac23 233 129,868 05-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Detective RooTz
  My car Psychosis 28 8,330 08-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Uzi
  Car Picture of the day . sunexim 5 929 12-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Oveяloяd
  What car would you buy? XACTLYSIN 28 10,103 11-27-2012, 03:10 AM
Last Post: jamessaunders832
  New Honda Car sunexim 0 686 11-09-2012, 03:10 AM
Last Post: sunexim