Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
HF Support Feather
IDC about the award but I'll be posting here and stay HQ.
(12-28-2011, 01:39 PM)Ian Wrote: IDC about the award but I'll be posting here and stay HQ.

That's good to hear. I hope you stick around. Oui
Great! Something has been done about this, and though I am not 100 posts, I am happy about this. Hopefully this will prevent spam on here, and keep the award more rare on HF! Thanks for this Omni!
One thing that still actively raises questions in my mind, is why the SF support feather is still the most talked about award you can get, yet it's not even for this forum? Why can't users talk about it there, and take action here. Too much discussion about it, and as i've said before time and time again, I would still just remove it if it was my choice.

Promotion should be more directed on in-site events/awards/issues, etc... That's when you start moving ahead in a positive direction for a forum. This seems too much like an excuse forum to get another award on SF, with all the discussion about HF users doing this and doing that here, and how the Support Feather is so bad, and all this other commotion. That in itself doesn't raise the idea or atmosphere of support when we always have to question each other between members that battle sides from HF to SF, when in reality I see no reason as to why they should be related, being 2 entirely different surrounding communities with opposite spec rums of rules.

I came back here to see how all this was doing, but it still hasn't changed, so I gave up on trying to argue on this topic anymore, i'll stick to the discussions and portion of the community for what this forum was really meant to be about.
(12-29-2011, 09:56 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: One thing that still actively raises questions in my mind, is why the SF support feather is still the most talked about award you can get, yet it's not even for this forum? Why can't users talk about it there, and take action here. Too much discussion about it, and as i've said before time and time again, I would still just remove it if it was my choice.

Promotion should be more directed on in-site events/awards/issues, etc... That's when you start moving ahead in a positive direction for a forum. This seems too much like an excuse forum to get another award on SF, with all the discussion about HF users doing this and doing that here, and how the Support Feather is so bad, and all this other commotion. That in itself doesn't raise the idea or atmosphere of support when we always have to question each other between members that battle sides from HF to SF, when in reality I see no reason as to why they should be related, being 2 entirely different surrounding communities with opposite spec rums of rules.

I came back here to see how all this was doing, but it still hasn't changed, so I gave up on trying to argue on this topic anymore, i'll stick to the discussions and portion of the community for what this forum was really meant to be about.

I agree that the best thing for Support Forums' development would be to completely segregate from Hack Forums. Too often do we have people here crying about how HF is down, or spamming their way to 100 posts having absolutely no regard for this community.

HF has brought one good thing to the site. A bit of activity. Unfortunately, it's brought a heap of crap with it as well. I say we look to build our activity having no relationship with Hack Forums any more. The quality contributions coming from HF really aren't worth the spam we have to put up with anymore.
I don't deal with this stuff anymore, too much talk about it, and it's been mentioned numerous times since I've joined this place, but I don't want to deal with it anymore, better just to ignore it from my perspective.
oh yeah! We were needing this kinda strong stuffs here on SF.
[Image: Z95Xp.png]
(12-27-2011, 06:31 PM)Sam Wrote: If I have not approved or denied them and they PM Omni for the award then their posts will be judged then.

This would render the whole process useless would it not?
If one could do the 100 posts and bypass you then there still eligible for the award? Not cool.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(12-30-2011, 05:56 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: This would render the whole process useless would it not?
If one could do the 100 posts and bypass you then there still eligible for the award? Not cool.

If I understand correctly, if someone contacts Omniscient and they don't have the User Note from Sam, they will be denied or sent back to Sam for checking.
(12-30-2011, 05:59 AM)King Wrote: If I understand correctly, if someone contacts Omniscient and they don't have the User Note from Sam, they will be denied or sent back to Sam for checking.

(12-27-2011, 06:31 PM)Sam Wrote: If I have not approved or denied them and they PM Omni for the award then their posts will be judged then.

That clearly says WILL be judged then. Not wont be judged then unless i miss understand?
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bring back the feather! xadamxk 0 994 04-19-2016, 04:15 PM
Last Post: xadamxk
  SF Feather Award No Longer Available Omniscient 103 25,298 10-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Robust
  Support Feather Award Omniscient 91 18,294 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Last Post: JonBD
  Question about "Support Feather Award" AnonymousPie 5 1,763 06-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Retribute
  Support Feather Review? Nifty 29 4,634 03-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Autopost