Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
HF Support Feather
What happens if they post 10 excellent, quality posts and then decide to keep it up for the next 30 posts. The following 60 might be horrendous. Does that mean Omniscient is going to check each of those 60 posts?

I'm not arguing that it's not a good idea. I think it is. Perhaps it could be a little more effective, but I can't wait to see how this works for SF. Smile
(12-27-2011, 04:31 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: You have signed up for a bit of work there Sam Smile
My only fear is this.

Now we will notice more and more non active members with only 10 posts. (denied by Sam)
Might even get a bit of animosity towards Sam from some members.
Omni will get pms regardless of Denials from Sam.

But i am perhaps being a pessimist and for that i will wait and see how this pans out.
At the very least there is an attempt being made to limit the LQ feather chasers.

1. 10 post inactive members is better that pages of spam and bumped posts from last year IMO.
2. I did think to myself earlier that I'll probably make some enemies with this new system, I'm not too fussed.
3. No doubt there will be complaints, whether that be threads or PM's - Users trying to go above me to Omni but again it's better than the LQ spam.

(12-27-2011, 04:51 PM)King Wrote: What happens if they post 10 excellent, quality posts and then decide to keep it up for the next 30 posts. The following 60 might be horrendous. Does that mean Omniscient is going to check each of those 60 posts?

I'm not arguing that it's not a good idea. I think it is. Perhaps it could be a little more effective, but I can't wait to see how this works for SF. Smile

This can happen, but like all other spammers and LQ posters we have a great set of members who actively report posts and threads so it's not a problem.

Users with warnings and bans will not get the feather.
(12-27-2011, 06:18 PM)Sam Wrote: 1. 10 post inactive members is better that pages of spam and bumped posts from last year IMO.
2. I did think to myself earlier that I'll probably make some enemies with this new system, I'm not too fussed.
3. No doubt there will be complaints, whether that be threads or PM's - Users trying to go above me to Omni but again it's better than the LQ spam.

(12-27-2011, 04:51 PM)King Wrote: What happens if they post 10 excellent, quality posts and then decide to keep it up for the next 30 posts. The following 60 might be horrendous. Does that mean Omniscient is going to check each of those 60 posts?

This can happen, but like all other spammers and LQ posters we have a great set of members who actively report posts and threads so it's not a problem.

Users with warnings and bans will not get the feather.

You sure have your work cut out for you Sam. All the best.
That's a much better system for the support feather, thanks Omni. It should help out both sides. Although I think around 75%+ of the people whom are here for the feather wont bother reading this post, therefore wont PM Sam, will they then be denied the feather once they PM you even if they have 100 HQ posts?
(12-27-2011, 06:27 PM)BreShiE Wrote: That's a much better system for the support feather, thanks Omni. It should help out both sides. Although I think around 75%+ of the people whom are here for the feather wont bother reading this post, therefore wont PM Sam, will they then be denied the feather once they PM you even if they have 100 HQ posts?

Maybe this would be better posted at HF.
(12-27-2011, 06:27 PM)BreShiE Wrote: That's a much better system for the support feather, thanks Omni. It should help out both sides. Although I think around 75%+ of the people whom are here for the feather wont bother reading this post, therefore wont PM Sam, will they then be denied the feather once they PM you even if they have 100 HQ posts?

If I have not approved or denied them and they PM Omni for the award then their posts will be judged then. Chances are if they've been posting LQ up to 100 then I've given them warnings or bans which will be noted.

Also the award description at HF has a link to read this thread.
I sent Sam a message but no reply, I think I did it wrong though I was a little confused.
Hopefully he will respond on either an approval or denial, or what I should have done. Thank you Sam.
That's really good news Omni. Good luck all getting award.
"Nothing hurt more than realizing that she meant every thing to you and you meant nothing to her"
I never noticed this thread until now I guess I have to PM Sam.
[Image: Optimus-Prime.png]
Quote:What happens when people go straight to Omni with 100 posts, is Omni then checking with Sam before giving the award? People may try and bypass the 10 posts and Sam rule altogether.

Sam is instructed to leave a "user note" only staff can see. I'll know if someone is approved or denied then.

Quote:You have signed up for a bit of work there Sam

I asked him before implementing this if he could handle it. Realistically I only give out about 3 of these per week. Total so far in December is 11. He should only get about one or two request per day. If he can't handle that he shouldn't be staff here.

Quote:But i am perhaps being a pessimist and for that i will wait and see how this pans out.

It will be fine. I get enough complaints about the 100 crap posts that I think this is a nice compromise. It's likely someone will only make 10 bad posts before we tell them to fudge off. Sometimes an idiot comes along and makes 50 in 30 minutes and then we have crap everywhere. I know that's the bulk of the complaints.

Quote:What happens if they post 10 excellent, quality posts and then decide to keep it up for the next 30 posts. The following 60 might be horrendous. Does that mean Omniscient is going to check each of those 60 posts?

They'll be denied the award anyways and likely have a closed account.

Quote:2. I did think to myself earlier that I'll probably make some enemies with this new system, I'm not too fussed.

You won't if you're professional and don't engage in arguments. Simple response like "Sorry but due to the poor quality of your posts we are denying you the award".

Quote:lthough I think around 75%+ of the people whom are here for the feather wont bother reading this post

I don't really actively promote the SF award. People only know about it seeing others have it. They then view the awards page which states it's for 100 quality posts at SupportForums.net. I've changed the description so it points to this thread. I really don't think it will be a problem. I don't think people understand that the SF Feather isn't actively promoted at HF.

Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bring back the feather! xadamxk 0 1,000 04-19-2016, 04:15 PM
Last Post: xadamxk
  SF Feather Award No Longer Available Omniscient 103 25,403 10-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Robust
  Support Feather Award Omniscient 91 18,521 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Last Post: JonBD
  Question about "Support Feather Award" AnonymousPie 5 1,771 06-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Retribute
  Support Feather Review? Nifty 29 4,743 03-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Autopost